project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.7 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-03-04, 08:29   #21
Halfyon
Default maybe..

maybe i should not post here because (at last i hope so) im just past the
"noob phase" and im only two and a half weeks with PR, which means i
never played past relases.

I have also only played on public servers and had some very varying game
experiences.

I've been in (at far as i can tell) very good squads which worked well together and had squadleaders who had the patience to tell a newbie what to do in a certain situation.

Ive also read the manual and the guide and many times, even though im only a short time with PR, i was wishing some more people would have read at last the 60 seconds guide.

Being a Squadleader has been really fun many times, but sometimes...it can be really annoying, people just refuse to even stay with the squad sometimes - ok, you can kick them out of the squad, but they will just get into another and go on doing weird stuff alone.

The few times i've been commander (because everybody was keeping typing WE NEED A COMMANDER!!!! and nobody seemed to volunteer, i thought better an unexperienced commander than NO commander) has been varying too:

One time somehow on Kyongan'Ni there has been 5 FULL Squads - all more or less working together and EVERY Squadleader was responding to orders, using proper language and reporting a lot of information i could hand over to the rest of the team or single squads - great game.

Another Time on Daqing has been 9 squads, 4 of them with one or two players insinde - locked - and only 3 of the other 5 squads had an Officer - and only two of those cooperated.

I just asked if it could be possible to cooridiate a bit more and two of the squadleaders where offending me via VOIP...so thats been my worst game ever..

Anyway...long post, little sense: Im hoping the game quality will increase over time when more and more players realise they will be more succesful in coordinated squads and teams - and that its more fun then.
Old 2008-03-04, 08:54   #22
Farks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I think alot of people would agree that v0.7 is not as "fun" as some of the old releases, mainly due to now its more of a simulation for the most part and not really a game any more...
That's the problem, some players don't get PR's focus on tactical and smart gameplay. They just join the game to have blast, which usually means ignoring everyone else. As long as they're having fun going of on their own little adventures, wasting assets and kits and getting a good k/d- ratio they don't give a shit about the rest of the team. This is nothing new (public after all), but the reason to why I'm meantioning it is because I see a lot of players from these forums acting like this...
Old 2008-03-04, 09:44   #23
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

"cant make omelet without breaking a few eggs" what i say...

outlawz take a break man

play some other online games and then come back, youll thank me later
Old 2008-03-04, 09:45   #24
Drude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
I can hop on CoD4 SP, play a mission which lasts like 10 minutes on Veteran difficulty, see some scenes and events and I'm satisfied for the day.
I can play PR for 5 hours straight and see like 1 or 2 maps and at the end I quit the game annoyed or angered and hate myself for even deciding to go play, when I knew that the same story will happen over and over again...
Oh the drama.... black and bloody tears.

but anyway - the flaming I was about to say: I see that you have played PR quite much, right... and here comes the part I don't understand: You ENJOY?! playing CoD4 SINGEPLAYER. SUPER-scripted, unrealistic coin arcade bullshit. Most frustrating game I have ever played, where the carrot was few short sections of the game which made it almost worth of playing thru (for example: AC-130, chernobyl mission, except the ending where you have to repell whole army of soviet soldiers and the chopper / driving scenes).

I just don't get it, how anyone else than kids would enjoy playing it.
Old 2008-03-04, 09:48   #25
Heskey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drude View Post
I just don't get it, how anyone else than kids would enjoy playing it.
I really enjoyed the single player, finish it on Christmas Day - No guesses how long I'd had it.

Unfortunately I went on MP, and felt -really- bad when it was stored on my shelf before bed-time that very same day.
Old 2008-03-04, 10:08   #26
Pluizert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farks View Post
That's the problem, some players don't get PR's focus on tactical and smart gameplay. They just join the game to have blast, which usually means ignoring everyone else. As long as they're having fun going of on their own little adventures, wasting assets and kits and getting a good k/d- ratio they don't give a shit about the rest of the team. This is nothing new (public after all), but the reason to why I'm meantioning it is because I see a lot of players from these forums acting like this...

Or making a server more unbalanced instead of balancing it and creating epic games. The best games are when 2 teams are equal to each other...
But those matches are getting rare!
Old 2008-03-04, 10:43   #27
Ragni<RangersPL>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
No more satisfaction in playing...
You need to take a break for sure. Stop playing PR for a week or two and then try to return on line...

... or try to find different server

BTW. There is some sick sh*t going on some servers sometime and there is nothing you can do about it. There is a lot of new players that need to learn how to play PR and it takes time to learn... so don't worry, be happy and take a break
Old 2008-03-04, 11:09   #28
DrMcCleod

I think that most of the problem is the maps. Some are really great (the original BF2 ones play well with the PR ruleset) but some are simply unsuitable for the current state of the game; Kashan, I am looking at you...

I know that the devs are looking for combined arms battles, with armour and air and infantry working together, but I just don't think that it is realistic with the limitations of the BF2 API.
I would like to see more concentration on infantry and light vehicles, the best moments on this game for me are those with a close-knit squad suppressing and flanking the enemy. Heavy armour is simply a pain in the arse that attracts solo players and disrupts your enjoyment.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:16   #29
Tweaky

Personally, I think it all comes down to wanting new maps for PR at the moment. Getting really bored of the current rotation, and I know lots others have felt the same when asked online....

Was expecting more environments to experiment with in the current release, but they haven't really made the satisfaction level rise. Every time a map changes, it's a question of whether or not you'll enjoy that particular map, a big 'sigh', or 'I'm gonna call it a night'. If you stick around, it's just a long arduous battle of same tactics and possible stalemates each time. Would be nice if PR presented a style of gameplay that was random in some way... so you don't always do the same thing every night you play... otherwise the battlefield feels so rehearsed each time you play, and I think that is the reason it gets so tiring. Sure there are lots and lots of different roles to choose from, I change and try a new one every week or so, but it is all pretty much the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still love PR and am playing it a lot, this is just how I feel with satisfaction and gameplay features of PR currently. Random flags and locations FTW.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:33   #30
BloodAce

I didnt want to complain about 0.7 and i wont simply because its the best game(mod) i've seen and the only game i play!
But in last 2 months i had similar feelings to Outlawz and I agree and its not because new complicated rules of game but mostly because newbies who have invaded PR since last release

Beside taking a short brake from PR or switching servers isn't there something else we could do about level of teamplay on public servers?

Maybe a server with password here on a forum read only to registered players. Similar to TG pass night but in better time for Europeans.
It might be only 1 or 2 evenings in a week and start from 7-8 pm London time.

If one of the serious clans agree to run such an evening then i think it might be possible.

Tags
playing, satisfaction