project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2010-08-03, 12:12   #21
KP
Retired Moderator

Default Re: [Movie] Norwegian Armed Forces movie thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
its the same in norway.

@KP: look down the page to my post earlier!
Yep, just thought I'd embed the YT video as well.
Old 2010-08-03, 12:54   #22
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Can you speak fluent English IRL?

Are most soldiers in Norway bilingual, what is the English education like over there? I heard in Sweden that English is a compulsory language for students.
We have English education from 4th grade or something like that and it goes on till 10th grade. And if we choose to go another 3 years of school, 1 of those years will have English education, so 6/7 ish years of English education. And the fact that we have a lot of English entertainment in form of TV shows, games and such.

But we also have the stupid people that don't pay attention and only read the subtitles and stuff, and therefore suck in English, mildly spoken

When it comes to soldiers I don't know all to much, but I know there are certain requirements for you to become an officer, and I'm pretty sure having decent English knowledge is amongst those requirements.
Old 2010-08-07, 19:24   #23
Zimmer
Supporting Member

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2010-08-07, 19:33   #24
Naruto-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
Awesome sauce!
Old 2010-08-07, 19:45   #25
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
-snippety snip snip-
I kinda hate watching that video, all that happens is that I realise just how much I want to become a fighter pilot, only to remember that my sight is probably too bad, and crush my dreams...

Awesome video tho ^^
Old 2010-08-07, 20:10   #26
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeXeY View Post
I kinda hate watching that video, all that happens is that I realise just how much I want to become a fighter pilot, only to remember that my sight is probably too bad, and crush my dreams...

Awesome video tho ^^
When I was at FOS 10 I talked with a guy who had been in a job at some of the places the pilots where and he could tell they where pretty weird using their codenames all the time. But who has not had that dream I mean I even sent in application form, but realised some months later it was not worth my time going on the tests.

THough on FOS a F16 went 4 times over us in a very low attitude that was awesome when you felt the engine deep inside of you.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2010-08-08, 05:39   #27
KP
Retired Moderator

Those bastards have their approach to landing and take-off nearly directly over my barracks. Can't bloody sleep for the noise. If any of you were to become F16 pilots, I'd have to make up a custom infraction and ban you!
Old 2010-08-08, 12:45   #28
Rangu

Fighterpiltos... It's not like they fly whenever they want and bang their supermodel girlfriends.
Old 2010-08-08, 13:45   #29
HeXeY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]KP View Post
Those bastards have their approach to landing and take-off nearly directly over my barracks. Can't bloody sleep for the noise. If any of you were to become F16 pilots, I'd have to make up a custom infraction and ban you!
Haha, only reason I want to become a fighter pilot, annoy people like you

But tbh, I really want to fly, I've always loved flying (as a passenger...) and what better to fly than the awesome F-16 <3
Old 2010-08-08, 16:17   #30
KP
Retired Moderator

I'll stick with my rifle, boots and Recon Pack, thank you very much.

Tags
armed, forces, movie, norwegian, thread