project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-10-04, 21:50   #21
MH-60FLT-LD

Also dust effects on landing in the mec maps would be a verry realistic addition. Our pilots out here in iraq get brown out on every landing reducing visabilty for the pilot and the enimy.
MH-60FLT-LD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-04, 21:56   #22
MH-60FLT-LD

The fastrope in bhd was fabricated like many of the things in the movie. they did not rope in they landed on the street.
Old 2005-10-04, 22:01   #23
YoJimbO

Any word on how feasable the idea is? Because fastroping in my opinion would be a teriffic addition An alternative idea to the co-pilot releasing the ropes, would be either the pilot's primary, or the "X" function to replace the Smoke grenades that Tanks release.

I don't know how realistic it is - but perhaps the "X" button from the pilot/co-pilot could release smoke grenades in order to provide cover for infantry fastroping out of the BlackHawks?
YoJimbO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-04, 22:07   #24
MH-60FLT-LD

In real life the dust it would be kicking up would be cover enough. Also there are no smoke launchers on bh's.
Old 2005-10-04, 22:14   #25
DAWG

Why bother the soldiers can toss smoke before they disembark, if it's neccessary.
DAWG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-04, 22:14   #26
YoJimbO

Lets just hope there's a way to generate more dust then. However the amount of dust would change according to the LZ I guess
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWG
Why bother the soldiers can toss smoke before they disembark, if it's neccessary.
Assuming they have some!
YoJimbO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-12, 19:14   #27
SiN|ScarFace

Yea fast rope would be sweet.
The collision mesh on the chopper needs to extend the full length of the blade.

If the rope could be put in, I wonder if you could fly around with people still hanging on the ropes. If you could, in theory you could have a lot more than 8 people on a black hawk.
SiN|ScarFace is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-13, 21:17   #28
DocGJ

The roping idea is just awsome , i just like it ,becouse its reality, and it looks cool. Also the dust would be great , then you culd also have the use for the googles on you helmet! Nice idea dude!!!!
DocGJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-17, 00:23   #29
Nanashi

I agree, fastroping would be very nice. Yet another first for a combat game (as far as I know anyway). To prevent people from hanging on the ropes and riding around, just make it so when you press E to get out (or whatever) you drop down the rope and move to the side automatically (although its no fun if you don’t have the occasional soldier landing on the previous guys head and getting them both very pissed off). I think the real challenge is in the engine limitations. Do you think you could rig up a ragdoll to work as a rope? And if so, can you keep the player attached to it long enough to reach the ground?

I would also argue that fastroping would give you an advantage even in the current game. It takes a little while to land, and often times the pilot cant see what’s under him, so you get guys landing on road dividers, mounted weapons, other people, you know how it is. That and even with the limited hit mesh on the blades, you cant land anywhere.
Nanashi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-10-17, 01:48   #30
Artnez
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanashi
It takes a little while to land, and often times the pilot cant see what’s under him, so you get guys landing on road dividers, mounted weapons, other people, you know how it is. That and even with the limited hit mesh on the blades, you cant land anywhere.
This all depends on the pilot.

"Having the piss taken out of you is a small price to pay when others do your research. Thank you gentlemen." - Azametric(IRL)
Artnez is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fastroping, neeeed, side