project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-09, 16:55   #21
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality: ARMA 2 0.15 BETA Update

aha. i will give it a second try then...

Old 2012-02-09, 17:04   #22
CaptainX

FUK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-02-09, 17:20   #23
MisTyK

PR team do a really heavy work !

Great video and stuff, for amazing changelog, its here: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f50...ures-list.html

Also, thanks for the communitie for bug repport, idea request and keep playing tihs mod
Old 2012-02-09, 17:32   #24
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunem666 View Post
there is never any servers to play on... thes one that do show are always empty.

why make a game that no one plays?
It took PRMM until 0.32 to gain any sort of decent popularity, and until 0.4/0.5 to fill servers regularly throughout the week [in Australia at least, my memory is fuzzy about the US servers]. That was about a year of development+releases before it got a fanbase... and another 6-8 months after that before we got regular decent games.

I cringe to think how different my life would've been if the devs had taken the attitude of
Quote:
why make a game that no one plays?
from 2005-2007
Old 2012-02-09, 17:43   #25
Ch3v4l13r

Quote:
as much as i really like the look of arma now my pc can run it so well, and having pr on arma2 is also awesome.

there is never any servers to play on... thes one that do show are always empty.

why make a game that no one plays? when i join TG all i get is baseraped and teamkilled and they severely lack teramwork.
I have pretty much played every day for about a month and everything you say is either completely false or partially.

Q:Are the server always Empty ?
A: No, there is however a low playerbase and only one server (TG) that fills up everyday. If you join the server between 20:00 GMT and 00:00 GMT you will usually find between the 30 and 60 players and on some days 80-100 players.

Q: Is there a lot of baseraping
A: That really depends on what you see as baseraping. Base raping main hardly or never happens and if it does it is easy to report it and call in a Admin. Base raping a FO does happen and is also allowed, all you need to do if that happens is NOT SPAWN THERE ANYMORE.

Q: How often does Teamkilling happen
A: It doesn't happen often but it does happen. When it does happen it is 90
% of the time just a accident or a nooby who doesnt know how to work with the map yet. And again there are admin and a forum to report it on.

Q: Is there a lack of teamwork ?
A: This is the only thing that can be true sometimes, this is usually caused by people simple not being able to speak English. There are a lot of Russian, Polish and other players who stick with each other and dont really care what the rest is doing or simple cant because they dont understand English. Best thing to do is to either join a clan like mine RGG or simple join up with some of the regular players. The player base is also still learning, but i have seen things going in the right direction lately and i expect it to only get better.
Last edited by Ch3v4l13r; 2012-02-09 at 17:54..
Old 2012-02-09, 17:52   #26
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Awesome, its time to dig out Arma2^^

Old 2012-02-09, 17:54   #27
kapa

Yeah chernarus
Can't wait. GJ ;]
Old 2012-02-09, 17:56   #28
Spalatum

Cheers! Looking forward to the test weekend!
I'll be the one constantly disorientated and bleeding.
Old 2012-02-09, 18:04   #29
Smiddey723

started reinstalling ArmA and all my mods a few days ago, i guess i will give this another shot
Old 2012-02-09, 18:20   #30
Swedge
Forward Outposts 'R' Us
Supporting Member

Smile Re: Project Reality: ARMA 2 0.15 BETA Update

Reading through the features list, I can't believe what a huge amount of work such a small team has achieved. So many countless hours of brainstorming, development, and testing would have gone into that. Thanks for investing all that time for us. Lots of impressive new changes and I look forward to getting stuck into this next stage of evolution.

Closed Thread

Tags
015, announcement, arma, beta, pre, project, reality, release, update