project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2011-07-04, 20:37   #21
Rangu

Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

I just graduated as a sergeant from the Norwegian Army Signal Battalion (H?rens Befalsskole)! Now I have month off, where my plans consists of enjoying the civilian life, and of course some PR!
Old 2011-07-04, 21:31   #22
MonkeySoldier
Default Re: [Off-Topic] Tell about what you have done in the norwegian military.

Signals eh? What systems you lads use over there? I'm not talking about the manpack/ small vehicle one's, but the masts, sattelite trailers/ vehicles etc
Old 2011-07-04, 22:00   #23
MCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicca View Post
I wish i could join the army... My wife wont let me.
Ain't there something of a reserves program?
Old 2011-07-04, 22:06   #24
Rangu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
Signals eh? What systems you lads use over there? I'm not talking about the manpack/ small vehicle one's, but the masts, sattelite trailers/ vehicles etc
Sorry, I'm not allowed to tell you any details about our systems.
Old 2011-07-04, 23:34   #25
Zimmer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCI View Post
Ain't there something of a reserves program?
You have to take year in the army as a conscript first like everyone else do to join teh reserves, or homeguard.

People don't realize that autism doesn't mean they're "stupid". Just socially inept. Like rhino... > > or in a worst case scenario... Wicca. =)- Lithium fox
I found this sentence quite funny and since this is a war game forum I will put it here. No offense to the french just a good laugh.
"Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without an accordion. All you do is leave behind a lot of noisy baggage."
Old 2011-07-05, 20:52   #26
Daewi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimmer View Post
You have to take year in the army as a conscript first like everyone else do to join teh reserves, or homeguard.
That's right. It's near to impossible to be in the Norwegian Armed Forces (Reserves or not) without the one year of conscription. Only exeption (that I know of) would be as a translator, mastering an arabic language and be willing to spend the next 6 months in Afghanistan.
Old 2011-07-06, 09:58   #27
Wicca
Supporting Member

I was in the HVU. But that was just running around with fancy radio chatter.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 2011-07-06, 20:12   #28
Daewi

And you get to use the AG-3
Old 2011-07-07, 12:15   #29
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangu View Post
Sorry, I'm not allowed to tell you any details about our systems.
Ahh, no problem, I understand. I'm curious to what other NATO nations use for their signals, and I've already seen some German and U.S. stuff, quite interesting Hows work as a NCO at the signals though?
Last edited by MonkeySoldier; 2011-07-07 at 12:24..
Old 2011-07-07, 12:30   #30
mockingbird0901
Supporting Member

This one if fairly common.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._Marines_1.jpg
Note that the vehicle is owned by the Norwegian army, though the troops are not from Norway
The name of it is BV206.
BV means 'beltevogn', or 'tracked vehicle' in English.
The reason for posting that one is because that is the vehicle they used to get around.

Can't tell you to much about the communication systems though, but I know people that worked on it in the army as I was in the same company as them, so they might be able to tell you some unclassified stuff if you'd like that.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
-Albert Einstein
Volens et potens
Tema567 just might be my new hero

Tags
military, norwegian, offtopic