project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-11, 16:22   #21
Murphy
Default Re: 1.0 DM Rifles Lost Accuracy?

The Mk12SPR does seem to have a rather large grouping even when firing under ideal circumstance, and I can attest that the SVD still acts exactly as she did in the previous version. I am always first to call dibs on Marksman when we do infantry so I have had more time with those weapons then some assault/battle rifles and I to must chime in noting some weapons seem to be a lot less effective at further ranges then one would expect.

Like many in this thread I shift between deployed and undeployed firemodes quite often, and it has become apparent that certain weapons preform better undeployed. The Mk12SPR being a great example of a weapon I find myself using undeployed the majority of the time.

I love the DMRs and for the most part they provide exactly what the squad needs, but the effectiveness is debatable.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 05:14   #22
ShockUnitBlack

Tested again today. Definitely feel that these things are not as effective as they used to be. I feel there's significantly more deviation under even the most ideal circumstances.

Played Ramiel INF Co-op to test (played this a lot in v.98 for practice). Going prone with EBR in deployed mode seems way less effective than crouching in deployed mode with the old M21 - I can barely hit anything now, even though I should be even more accurate than before due to my stance.

Undeployed, the EBR seemed okay, but I didn't test it long.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 13:52   #23
Predator.v2

0.98: deployed marksman had same deviation on each stance

1.0: different deviation for each stance, with prone being "slightly" less accurate (total minimum prone deviation: 0.032 for M14EBR) than in 0.98 (total minimum deviation: 0.03).
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:13   #24
Wing Walker

I didn't think I would need to say much after posting the pictures...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator.v2 View Post
Accordingly to the numbers, a prone deployed marksman has about half the deviation of a prone assault rifle.

Accordingly to some field tests, shots upon a 70m distant wall all grouped with around 1-2 cm spread (on the wall). No idea, how you are shooting Sharps..

Accordingly to ingame experience, i pop one head after the other.

Maybe deployed marksman could need some turn deviation balancing, but thats it.

Predator.v2,
You are really just wrong man.

I don't know how else I can make this clearer.

What you are saying is that all of us reporting the same thing here are just our of our minds, and that we can't possibly understand how to do anything in PR. Your numbers are not matching what is happening in reality. Things with computers especially are not so simple.

You absolutely know how I shoot... I wrote out the specific method, with pictures. All of which you seem to ignore, as well as what others are reporting here.

I don't know how much you play, but you really make it seem like you don't have much experience with these kits, accept for looking up the numbers.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:33   #25
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Could not reproduce the problem with G3SG/1 and HK417 on Silent Eagle. Consistently hitting trees at 250m at rapid fire speed. Tested on local, did you guys test online? I only read Co-Op in here.

Tested again on Dedi, 300m, french 417, still consistently hitting trees. Don't have another player to practice headshots on atm, and didn't want to bother with bots, but as far as I can tell, DMRs are accurate.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Last edited by [R-MOD]Spec; 2013-08-14 at 11:46..
Old 2013-08-14, 11:57   #26
Unhealed

I just notced it too. Have played yesterday online, not co-op with an SVD and G3SG. With SVD I managed to kill a Chinese heli pilot 400 meters away from me and overall it was great and precise, but the German G3SG felt really broken, had a hard time hitting anything with it, but maybe that was becouse I didn't tried to go prone with it, I was either standing or crouching most of the time.
Unhealed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 11:58   #27
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Which map?

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2013-08-14, 12:46   #28
Unhealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Spec View Post
Which map?
Kashan and Black gold INS
Unhealed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 13:45   #29
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

I tested the French 417 at Xiangshan(?) and couldn't hit soldiers at the catholic mission flag shooting from the mountain north of it (250-350m) even when prone. The shots always landed slightly off target, normally to the left, no matter how many seconds i waited for deviation to settle. But as others said, the SVD still is one precise motherfucker, nailing eyeballs up to 700m. The numbers with the 417, Mk12, EBR and the M4 DMR are just plain wrong. I haven't tested the IDF marksmen neither the alternative Hamas one, as soon i as i test them online, not on coop, i will post results here.
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 14:18   #30
Predator.v2

M14EBR Test on Kashan. Distance to bunker 500m.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-58-53-77.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-58-50-16.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-58-46-00.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-57-53-83.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-57-50-10.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-57-47-16.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-57-41-18.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...5-57-31-94.png

@Sharp:
I play a lot of PR and lot of marksman. Try to understand me. It works alright for me and after your experiences, i tried a lot of "ramiel coop", "ramial local", "kashan local" and of course actual gameplay. I can't reproduce (same as spec) your "horrible accuracy" shots. Actually marksman works great for me (as long as you don't try to shot far distant targets while standing).

About my screenshots. These were only test shots against the kashan bunker. I also tried to kill the bots spawning in the south bunker and dropped most of them with two precise body shots at 500m distance.

About deployed marksman settle times. Wait 6 seconds after jumping/lying down, 1 second after each shot, 1 second after mouse movement and 9 seconds after a lot of moving.

@Unhealed:
You should try to fire prone, when you want to achieve maximum accuracy

@Henrique:
SVD uses the exact same deviation set as the 417 or the Mk12. M14EBR is slightly more accurate.

Code:
rem ---BeginComp:SoldierDeviationComp ---
include ../../common/deviation.con "marksman" "deployed" "standard"
Code:
if v_arg2 == "standard"
		ObjectTemplate.createComponent SoldierDeviationComp
		ObjectTemplate.deviation.minDev 0.16
		ObjectTemplate.deviation.setFireDev 1.4 0.85 0.02833
		ObjectTemplate.deviation.setTurnDev 1.3 0.0542 0.0542 0.043
		ObjectTemplate.deviation.setSpeedDev 3 0.025 0.02222 0.01111
		ObjectTemplate.deviation.setMiscDev 12 12 0.08
		ObjectTemplate.deviation.devModStand 1.4