project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2015-04-05, 13:47   #21
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Automatic Rifles OP

We will not go back to the prone only for deployed ARs. We had that in the past and it simply makes them useless.
Yes, standing in the open w/o anything to deploy on is unrealistic. However killing someone that does that is a rather easy task.
In my opinion the ARs are in a decent place right now. If you are having trouble being pinned down, get a bigger gun to help
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 16:43   #22
Rabbit

I like LMG's MMG's in their current state. Granted I do use them more than any other kit but they are less accurate than their real life counter parts already. I don't see them needing balance atm but if they do I would only change deploy speed pr reload speed to make them talk longer. But that is only if they needed changing I feel they are fine atm, remember they are the largest causality producing weapon for infantries.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-25, 19:42   #23
Wing Walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate. View Post
Maybe a little less accuracy but muuuuuch better suppression (like, fire 5 round near window and the guy inside is shaking for solid 3 seconds).
I like that idea.

I think the main problem with the AR is that the machine guns were made "too real" for Project Reality.

This is how they are IRL, they aren't wild inaccurate rifles with recoil over your head, at least ones like the M240.

The Sniper rifles and the DM rifles have less "Reality" in how they function in PR.

The AR kits would only need really a long deploy time, and a freakishly long eye to sight speed. Just to do something, and maintain the reality of how it shoots.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-26, 03:16   #24
SANGUE-RUIM
Supporting Member

Thumbs down Re: Automatic Rifles OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unarmed Civilian View Post
SANGUE-RUIM, as someone who takes the AR and go solo around maps, exploiting the "standing with no place to deploy your AR but still firing in deployed mode", it does not surprise me that you don't want it to change.
(everybody does the deployed standing, but not everybody goes vanilla-solo with an AR)

I liked it more when it took sometime to adjust the sights, when the scope image was blurry and shaky. Better than current 5 seconds (or so) rule.
who goes around soloing with AR?

Last edited by SANGUE-RUIM; 2015-04-26 at 03:44..
Old 2015-05-03, 20:47   #25
PlaynCool

Can't we add overheating MG's for AR's (just like on vehicles) and make them useless after continuous fire for 30 secs or so. This would be realistic, since in RL some squads carry extra barrels for MG's precisely for that and the overheat time could simulate the barrel being changed. If i remember correctly in vbf2 the inf AR could overheat but after a lot of fire.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 11:16   #26
crazygamelover

I found out recently that if you fire the M249 or MG3 excessively enough, it will overheat and you won't be able to fire/reload it. You have to fire a LOT of rounds (roughly 400-500) without a break, but it's possible. I haven't tried for the FN-MAG series, but I assume it would take quite a bit longer since its rate of fire is lower.
crazygamelover is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-04, 11:35   #27
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazygamelover View Post
I found out recently that if you fire the M249 or MG3 excessively enough, it will overheat and you won't be able to fire/reload it. You have to fire a LOT of rounds (roughly 400-500) without a break, but it's possible. I haven't tried for the FN-MAG series, but I assume it would take quite a bit longer since its rate of fire is lower.
no one will ever fire like that on a normal situation, the only time i suffer this was on the insurgent side, i get high i was in the cashe with a PKM and i shoot non stop on the enemy direction, but then its over heat over a minute and then a a squad pass in front of me and i could't shoot at they, its was the fist time i meet this system.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 10:53   #28
RunsWithBears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeHX View Post
What's the point of higher artificial suppression on LMG if you can't kill enemies much more effectively than with standard rifles?

Suppression from LMG works because you can see/hear a stream of mostly-accurate bullets; it tells you that you will die if you keep running out in the open.
Not because of some arbitrary amount of time when screen is blurry...

If one round from LMG does much heavier suppression than standard rifle; then how it is balanced with 45(the worst)-200 rounds?
Yes and no.

In PR the fear to die is not present as it is in real life (obviously). This fact alone makes "natural" suppression (for the lack of a better term) a lot less effective than it should be.

The other problem is that in PR, you can fire at your opponent whilst only exposing a sliver of yourself. The age old problems of "firing out of your eyes". So even when someone is supposed to be naturally suppressed, it is still possible for him to aim out of the window without the MG gunner being able to punish him as would happen in real life and sometimes even being able to kill the MG gunner.

To compensate for these factors which make suppressive fire much less effective than it should be, a mechanic like a blurry screen or slightly less accuracy whilst under fire are necessary to keep combat realistic.
RunsWithBears is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-06, 17:01   #29
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunsWithBears View Post
Yes and no.

In PR the fear to die is not present as it is in real life (obviously). This fact alone makes "natural" suppression (for the lack of a better term) a lot less effective than it should be.

The other problem is that in PR, you can fire at your opponent whilst only exposing a sliver of yourself. The age old problems of "firing out of your eyes". So even when someone is supposed to be naturally suppressed, it is still possible for him to aim out of the window without the MG gunner being able to punish him as would happen in real life and sometimes even being able to kill the MG gunner.

To compensate for these factors which make suppressive fire much less effective than it should be, a mechanic like a blurry screen or slightly less accuracy whilst under fire are necessary to keep combat realistic.
No, you don't know what I was talking about.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 05:01   #30
sudsy

This is where the COD myths come out, people believe that MGs and ARs are wildly inaccurate bullet hoses. The standard when I was a machine gunner in the army was first round hits with the c6 SF/c2 combo at 1600m, even with a bare naked c6 first burst hits off a bipod out to 800-1000m were not overly difficult. Then you have the c9(m249) which is just as if not more accurate than a c7 rifle.
sudsy is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
automatic, rifles