project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2014-04-05, 22:45   #21
X-Alt
Default Re: So when will Falklands return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Don't worry, things have been happening behind closed doors
KEYS NOW OR HE GETS IT!

So much evul wait!
Old 2014-04-20, 10:20   #22
titsmcgee852

Can't wait till this bad boy returns, I love flying over that countryside!
Old 2014-04-29, 15:53   #23
GGEfferen

I?m really excited to dig in and resist to british assaults in Pradera del Ganso-Darwin. Just take ypur time and make of this mod the best one!
Old 2014-06-05, 03:53   #24
Daxt2
Supporting Member

I really miss Falklands, 10v10 jets in the air lol

Old 2014-06-05, 12:42   #25
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxt2 View Post
I really miss Falklands, 10v10 jets in the air lol
Well, Vehicle Warfare layer on a full server is more like 40 vs 40 jets with the other 20 players manning AA

Although the VW layer didn't get played much on a full server since there wasn't really enough runway/deck space to cope with it, I'm hopefully going to improve that, as well as a bunch of other things on VW for the next version

Old 2014-06-05, 20:41   #26
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Although the VW layer didn't get played much on a full server since there wasn't really enough runway/deck space to cope with it, I'm hopefully going to improve that, as well as a bunch of other things on VW for the next version
Can't we just have additional carriers&airfields on VW? It's pure fictional gamemode, no historical accuracy needed
Although taking off with organized team from one carrier is epic, all those lines of jets hovering in air awaiting for take off is just amazing.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
Old 2014-06-05, 21:36   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
Can't we just have additional carriers&airfields on VW?
That is the basic plan yes, the question is more if I have time to implement it or not before the next release, on top of all the other things I'm doing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rPoXoTauJIo View Post
It's pure fictional gamemode, no historical accuracy needed
Not really, its based very much on Air Campaign of the Falklands War: Falklands War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That being said however, the British had two Carriers during the Falklands War (Not including the Atlantic Conveyor), HMS Invincible (the flagship and the one portrayed ingame) and HMS Hermes.

Portraying HMS Hermes using the USS Essex is a bit harder since it has an angled deck and is much larger etc, which I may try to portray or not, or I might just have a direct clone of HMS Invincible (USS Essex with a Ski Jump and a few other tweaks) and be done with it but also gotta tweak the waterplane etc to allow it.

Argentina also had many mainland air bases it launched its aircraft from as well as Rio Grande (the closest and the one I portray ingame), but portraying any of these would mean making a whole new section of Argentina, with the new airbase on which isn't the simplest task in the world, but something I may look into.

Also its worth noting even if I do put multiple Carriers and Air Bases on the VW Layer, I won't be for AAS as for starters their isn't enough aircraft to justify it, as well as I don't want situations where players spawn at one of the carriers or airbases trying to get an aircraft, finding out that one has none left since they have all been taken and the other one has a few planes sitting on it, with no way to get there, and things like that

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2014-06-05 at 21:59..
Old 2014-06-10, 15:10   #28
Lt Col Keith

I've been there, bought the T-shirt . Brings back lots of memories. Not all good.
Old 2014-06-14, 13:48   #29
tankninja1

40v40 air warfare seems sketchy, with all the high RPM cannon fire going off it will put massive strain on the server. Back when the battles were 1/4 of that servers crashed.
Old 2014-06-14, 18:07   #30
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankninja1 View Post
40v40 air warfare seems sketchy, with all the high RPM cannon fire going off it will put massive strain on the server. Back when the battles were 1/4 of that servers crashed.
While yes, 40v40 jets is probably a little too ambitious in both terms of server strain and gameplay, measures are being taken to fix the "Lag Cannons" so they shouldn't be too much of a problem in the future

Tags
falklands, return