project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-12-29, 02:48   #21
billysmall44
Default Re: Vehicles that are Real Game Changers

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Ye the problem with the Attack huey is it has wayyy too much armour and it is on our to-do list to change the damage model of all the choppers and quite a few other things on them too so you wont have these kind of situations.
One time on muttrah i hit a low flying attack huey right in the ass with a LAT and literally nothing happened. Pretty good to hear things are getting tweaked in the future update because i was pretty upset when he flipped around and messed up a squad an a half.
billysmall44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:42   #22
ShockUnitBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
You just need to be sneaky and always have the first shot.
This is basically true for every vehicle in the game so long as you're not using a Stryker against a T-90... Crew skill is the real deteriminant of a vehicle's effectiveness.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 08:02   #23
Hunt3r

The BMP-3 and any IFV with ATGMs will always be a pretty big deal. The autocannon is ridiculously good at taking out helicopters and ground targets, ATGMs will destroy any armor.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 08:41   #24
40mmrain
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatters View Post

In the right hands they can destroy the PLA efforts with ease. Barracuda has the worst asset balance anyway, USMC have AAVs and Hueys both attack and transport - PLA loses in mobility and weaponry with their trucks and .50 cal APCs. Their only advantage is that they're defending, but it doesn't really work.
I dont agree with this. The Chinese start out with every single flag on the map, the americans certainly needs more assets to keep it balanced. The AAVs are big LAT, HAT and TOW targets which are only ever effective when behind friendly infantry for fire support. Theyre nothing like the fast moving LAVs or heavy abrams.

The CAS hueys are the only vehicle that could be seen as unfair. Ill admit theyre pretty damn powerful but I think they are necessary for the map due to the chinese starting off with every flag.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 04:40   #25
saXoni
Supporting Member

The problem with USMC's CAS-huey on Muttrah City is that pretty much everyone thinks of it as "something you can lose as the Cobra will be up soon anyways". I've seen the CAS-huey do a lot better than the Cobra.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:29   #26
Redamare
Supporting Member

THE PANTHER ... Used Right that thing is DEADLY to the max .... its Silent and extremely effective when utilized correctly. since the engine volume and consistency is soo soft and quiet its dam near impossible to hear .. even when it passes by you you might still miss it until the gunner starts going at it.
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 06:43   #27
PricelineNegotiator
Banned

Seriously? COME ON GUYS.

THE A-10. You can't ignore the a-10's girth.

It destroys everything if used right. In fact, we probably need the A-10 on every US Army map cuz it's just so awesome.
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 18:40   #28
Cassius
Supporting Member

It realy depends on the map. On yamalia for example transport trucks and supply trucks can be huge gamechangers. If your team employs them in great numbers they can carry the momentum of an advance for several flags. Same for other vehicles cas isnt very dominant on Muttrah but can rule the game on other maps.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 18:51   #29
Murphy

I dunno Kilgore, I remember a Muttrah round with Jaymz as CAS on TG many, many moons ago. He was up pretty much all round wrecking any advance MEC made, and while this is a rare occasion it can be done. IIRC he had 70+ kills by the end of the round, making it quite game defining by the end of the round.
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 19:57   #30
Gotrol

Any transport helicopter, anywhere. Like someone else said- even if the teams are balanced, the team that has trans choppers gets to be anywhere they want in an instant with a crate.

(Given trans is operated safely)
Gotrol is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
changers, game, real, vehicles