project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-07-26, 12:29   #21
MiG-29
Default Re: Real insurgent objectives.

Well, i don't know how it's gona be in 1.0, but when there is only 10 tickets left for insurgents there should be only ONE cache. Otherwise some dum fuks spawns on the unknown and round is pretty much ended.
MiG-29 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 12:56   #22
BroCop

As with the beta, the unknown doesnt appear until it becomes known. You can still spawn on the unknown but the cache itself wont be there.

And please refrain from bolding the entire post for no reason...
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 13:24   #23
Trooper909

Make your own objectives.Go suicide bomb a FOB or something.Its not BF3 you don't have to have huge diamond shapes telling you exactly what needs to be done.

Actually though there was at least a few maps with a single cap point on it like bazra's static FOB but it proved to be to much for blufor to defend that and attack caches as well.With 100+ player servers it may well work this time.Thing is the Dev's rarely bring back old features that didn't work at the time.
Trooper909 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 15:37   #24
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
Exactly - but people don't like to take it because they can't kill people with it. They can assist in mowing down the enemy however.
I figured as much. I should state that I used to play a full on tank class in an MMORPG before, so it became natural for me to be both strategist and target designator for my team and leave the killing to the proper people.

Quote:
The downside of using the medkit of course is you can then be shot for up to 2 minutes with impunity.
I'm aware. I just omitted for the sake of brevity.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 16:59   #25
Bolshevik

I think it's a delicate game mode and small changes could really change it in a major way (whether good or bad, i'm not sure)
Bolshevik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 00:35   #26
Banok

offensive insurgent is a very underated and valid tactic imo, especially on some maps such as operation marlin where its possible to completely deny blu from exiting thier base due to legal choke points. I never defend caches on that map but just mine/camp outside thier base and I have arty ied'd so many assets and tickets, if my whole team followed suit im pretty sure it would break the map entirely.

the truth is insurgency doesn't win by defending caches, you actually win by reducing blu tickets. think about it you don't win by sitting there until timer runs out.
Banok is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 15:38   #27
Ca6e

First of all insurgent tactics is Guerilla warfare, so some small group of 2 sq should defend the caches while other are ambushing, and harassing enm! Plane and simple!

And this is all because of supperiaority on the ground and air! Blufor have heavy assets, jdams, artillery,... wich is preaty good weapon against stationary grouped band of enm!

U need to be on the move, shoot, move, shoot, move.

I did try guerilla warfare few times, and with the good players, u place ambush somewhere in the narrow street, then u sand one SQ to harass enm, shoot and move towards ambush, and again, deploy, shoot, move, till they come into ambush zone, then u know they have eyes like this: and even if Harassing team do not kill anyone, they did their job, lead the enm into ambush zone! And u even cant imagine what a filling is after successful ambush.

solute
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 15:46   #28
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Burning Sands is going to try something in the next version, we'll see how it goes.

Basically the insurgents don't have a main base, but instead they get respawning rallies around the city, they 'gain' a main base if they capture a flag the Brits are holding from game start, giving them access to some techies and a bombcar (layer isn't asset intensive, so no huge amounts of vehicles needed) there are also 2 other flags the insurgents hold from game start, if they hold all 3 flags then they will put a bleed on Brits.

This means the Brits actually have to hold at least one flag at all times, and when nothing is going on cache wise, there's stuff to do that has rewards/penalties. The worry is that it may end up being too hard for blufor at all, but we'll tweak as needed if it works out well. Most the caches are in the city, with a few outside for variety, so this could be a very intense insurgency layer.

I hope this setup will prevent camping Brits outside the city alla Karbala, but keep the two teams in contact with eachother almost constantly. Might work, might not, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it does

Rudd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 17:24   #29
doop-de-doo
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
Burning Sands is going to try something in the next version, we'll see how it goes.

Basically the insurgents don't have a main base, but instead they get respawning rallies around the city, they 'gain' a main base if they capture a flag the Brits are holding from game start, giving them access to some techies and a bombcar (layer isn't asset intensive, so no huge amounts of vehicles needed) there are also 2 other flags the insurgents hold from game start, if they hold all 3 flags then they will put a bleed on Brits.

This means the Brits actually have to hold at least one flag at all times, and when nothing is going on cache wise, there's stuff to do that has rewards/penalties. The worry is that it may end up being too hard for blufor at all, but we'll tweak as needed if it works out well. Most the caches are in the city, with a few outside for variety, so this could be a very intense insurgency layer.

I hope this setup will prevent camping Brits outside the city alla Karbala, but keep the two teams in contact with eachother almost constantly. Might work, might not, but I'm looking forward to seeing if it does
...Awesome

B4TM4N
doop-de-doo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 21:14   #30
Redamare
Supporting Member

Well besides being Derps and placing mines in the road ?? :l Im just thinking If the game changed to where they are not defending the cache ..... having other sort of objectives to accomplish ... this will take bodies off the actual defense ... SO ... The cache marker would have to be expanded to a larger Error concentration to make it harder for the Other army to find caches in general.

OR have 3 Caches in the same area and if one is destroyed it counts as a kill but then the other 2 left over will disappear.

This could spread the defense zone?
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
insurgent, objectives, real