project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2009-11-03, 00:10   #21
X1 Spriggan
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Real Deployable Machine Gun

I remember seeing this back in august and the first thing I was concerned about was people being killed while being in the gun. If that could be solved, I'd love to see this feature added.
X1 Spriggan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:13   #22
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Sweetest thing I've seen for months. I think this will get integrated in PR sooner or later, wether you guys like it or not.

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:29   #23
Sidewinder Zulu

Where are the DEVs when you need them?

This is by far the best suggestion I've seen on here in a long time.
It solves the recent complaint of the LMGs being too powerful, as well.
I would be very suprised if this wasn't put into a patch sometime in the near future.
Nice work!
Sidewinder Zulu is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:33   #24
Supporting Member

WOW! Now that is impressive!
503 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:43   #25
abbadon101
Supporting Member

Looks awesome.

I am waiting to see what a DEV will say.
abbadon101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:12   #26
Sgt. Mahi

Best suggestion for a long time indeed. Would love to see it work in the future. Great job!
Sgt. Mahi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:43   #27
Redamare
Supporting Member

Very interesting :P ... yea the only problems are ya.. is it like a ... Deployed asset or somthing? thats very interesting how you got that to work :P lol it seems to be a popular idea lol.. only beingable to deploy laying down :P i like the idea Nice presentation
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 01:48   #28
Hoboknighter

This is the best thing sinced sliced bread.
Hoboknighter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 02:40   #29
Jaymz
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I know this has everyone excited and rightfully so, Salmonella's work here is top notch. But bare with us, we've been aware of this work for a while now and there are several flaws that need to be overcome for this type of system to be used.

1. As already mentioned, there needs to be ammo linking between the deployed version and the undeployed one. I'm not too sure if that can be done via python like you suggested, Salmonella.

2. There will be issues with reloading the weapon. Going to be hard to get a reloading system that works and is intuitive.

3. As already mentioned, animation issues.

4. What's to stop the player deploying the weapon and switching to the undeployed one while it's deployed?

"Clear the battlefield and let me see, All the profit from our victory." - Greg Lake
Jaymz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 02:57   #30
Tofurkeymeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Jaymz View Post
I know this has everyone excited and rightfully so, Salmonella's work here is top notch. But bare with us, we've been aware of this work for a while now and there are several flaws that need to be overcome for this type of system to be used.

1. As already mentioned, there needs to be ammo linking between the deployed version and the undeployed one. I'm not too sure if that can be done via python like you suggested, Salmonella.

2. There will be issues with reloading the weapon. Going to be hard to get a reloading system that works and is intuitive.

3. As already mentioned, animation issues.

4. What's to stop the player deploying the weapon and switching to the undeployed one while it's deployed?
For 4, isn't the ammo linked? Couldn't you just make deployment take up all the ammo boxes or something similar. Sure, there is still the whole visual thing, but its a start.
Tofurkeymeister is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
deployable, gun, machine, real, suggestion