project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2015-10-26, 09:27   #21
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Critical Open Tasks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamNL View Post
Shame, then it will just be 2 sides with FALs shooting everything around them in the dark.
Its better than one side steam-rolling the other team since they have a massive advantage of having NVGs

We do plan on making night fighting in PR:F more interesting but its low priority on our to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivancic1941 View Post
Will you be able to walk on ship when it is moving? AFAIK you cant walk on ships in BF2 engine because it will kill you. How did you solved this problem?
You can walk around the ship when its moving BUT its pretty glitchy and there is still a high risk of dying so I wouldn't advise it.

We have been able to achieve this the same way the Battleships BF2 Mod did by coating the deck of the ship with a material that dose no damage at all to players, where normal materials do a tiny bit of damage so if a tank runs you down at speed the impact will kill you. But even with this measure there is a chance that you will randomly die while walking on the deck, which is hard to do while the ship is moving, especially at speed, so I wouldn't recommend on doing it and there is little need to do it either since players will (hopefully, having a little problem making it work right now) spawn into the ship or into the Lynx on the Flight Deck, depending on what spawn location you select and then you can move to the different weapon seats though the F* keys like a normal vehicle.

Old 2015-10-31, 16:29   #22
LiamNL
Supporting Member

Would that basicly mean that you can jump on to the ship from great height without taking damage as the material doesn't give damage?
Old 2015-11-02, 14:34   #23
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It might be possible yes but you will most likley still die doing it, even if you do manage to hit the deck and even if you managed it, you couldn't do much as an enemy and would have lost your jet. It wasn't a problem for the Baltteships mod and they had slow flying bi-planes you could more easily jump out of

Old 2015-11-03, 23:02   #24
Brozef

Will the Exxocet missiles lock onto the Frigates or just the cargo ship?
Old 2015-11-04, 01:28   #25
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

It will naturally be able to lock onto the Frigate as well as the cargoship, but unlike the cargoship the Frigate dose have chaff countermeasures in order to defend itself, as well as possibly being able to shoot down incoming Exocet missiles BUT BF2 doesn't support destroyable projectiles so the way we MIGHT be able to do that last one is just theroy that we have yet to test, and even then if its possible it will be very hard to shoot them down

Old 2015-11-04, 03:44   #26
blayas
Default Re: As the PR:F Team a Question

Someone spoke in the shot down exocet ?! YAHHHHHHHHHHH AMAZING!! ok ok.... and the HE ammunition with multifunction fuse for Mk8 , already preparing it Rhino ?
Old 2015-11-04, 03:49   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: As the PR:F Team a Question

I wouldn't get your hopes up about it just yet. Like I said at the moment we just have a theroy on how it MIGHT be possible, but we have yet to even try coding it let alone test it to see if it works and even if it dose work, the strain it might put on the server might be waay to high to even use.

And yes we are looking into giving the HE ammo for the Mk. 8 a proximity fuse.

Old 2015-11-04, 14:02   #28
blayas
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a question

A subject that has not been much discussed, is on the radar functionality level .

Simulate Type 992Q low -level search radar would not be too difficult , make on when the frigate commander position is occupied .
Considering both frigate 's ability to defend itself , and the ability to support the cas believe 3km omnidirectional range would be of good size.

And to simulate the 2x Type 912 fire-control radars , could be added to Oerlinkons and Mk8 , the ability to see the target aircraft in a cone area , just as the AAV already do today .

I do not know how much it would take coding, but to simulate the RWR capabilities of aircraft would be spectacular to them after the entry into the area of the type21 search radar , receiving a short ''bip`` as an indication .

obs:if our talented devs manage to become the exocet really `` shot downable`` , it would be realistic recognized by search radar ( the correct thing is a smaller distance as 2km to the exocet , but again it's a matter of encoding and do not know how limited are radar mechanics in refractor ) and also recognizable by the radars of fire-control .
Last edited by blayas; 2015-11-04 at 14:23..
Old 2015-11-04, 19:17   #29
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

I'm not going to go into any details about how we plan on using the radars just yet since its all subject to change etc but what I will say is we are planning on using the radars to their fullest and in the most realistic way possible, within the limitations of the BF2 engine.

And the 20mm Oerlikon AAA Cannons don't use a fire control radar, they are 100% manually aimed in r/l and will be ingame.

Old 2015-11-05, 01:34   #30
blayas
Default Re: Ask the PR:F Team a Question

Oh, I did not realize that the version later 4 of oerlinkons were manually controlled , well remembered Rhino , how nice that you guys are seeking the most realistic application for radar , I'm happy with it !
Well, anyway operators of oerlinkons will be supported by the search radar.

Tags
ask rhino a question, falklands, poxo is ghey, prf, prfalklands, question, team