project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR Tech Archives
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Tech Archives Archived threads - locked for searching

Old 2009-03-17, 20:51   #21
xXbrick84Xx
Default Re: Severe Lag

Also, for some weird reason, I have a socket am2+ AMD MOBO, but I have an Nvidia Geforce 8200a chipset?? IDK but yeah I'll look into an ATI cause they do have better prices but Nvidia used to have better performance. The new cards ATI has come out with are amazing though and totally blowing Nvidia's cards out of the water.

Thanks
Brick
Old 2009-03-18, 02:19   #22
Overchicked

I'm not much of a chipset expert so i can't clear up that confusion

If ya need help just PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXbrick84Xx View Post
the only reason I have been looking at 1 big hard drive instead of a RAID config. is because I don't have enough cables left lol I have a lot of fans in my PC, and they all use the cables that go to a normal IDE HDD. The 1TB is SATA so that would also help a little.
Raptor HDDs are for sure SATA. All HDDs released today are SATA and mos mobos have around 6 or 4 ports specifically for RAID. You don't want IDE, its slower. You cant even run RAID on IDE, its impossible.
Old 2009-03-18, 22:59   #23
xXbrick84Xx

Ok, ya my MOBO has like 6 SATA ports on it but my HDD is IDE right now, I'm most likely going to upgrade to the 1TB HDD, because I can't afford one of those Raptor drives let alone put them in a RAID config lol.

Thanks
Brick

Tags
lag, severe