project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2008-03-12, 02:16   #21
Tef

Now that is agreeable.
Tef is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 03:27   #22
SnipingCoward

maybe they can make the immense stamina loss be triggered only when the dolphin-dive/roll-dive animation was triggered?
SnipingCoward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 10:36   #23
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Well, I did search but didn't come up with anything so I defend that one

Will merge the topics though.

Johnny - those values you posted seem to relate to movement rather than character's position?

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Masaq is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 16:52   #24
Jonny

I didn't post values, I posted methods to do the part that the DEVs have not done/are not aware of how to do.

We do already have deviation related to stance, but not related to the stamina or time you have been moving.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 17:21   #25
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wanna talk to me about how using that variable would bring about the outcome we're looking for?

"That's how it starts, Mas, with that warm happy feeling inside. Pretty soon you're rocking in the corner, a full grown dog addict, wondering where your next St Bernand is coming from..." - IAJTHOMAS
"Did they say what he's angry about?" asked Annette Mitchell, 77, of the district, stranded after seeing a double feature of "Piranha 3D" and "The Last Exorcism." - Washington Post
Old 2008-03-12, 17:34   #26
Jonny

If it is set right then the more you move the more inaccurate the weapon is, to a point. Small movements around corners are not too bad, you can still shoot well, but walking halfway across a city is bad, you need to stop along the way ata corner if you want to shoot once you reach the other side.

The only issue is that there is no way to discriminate between walking and running, but that just means there needs to be a blur effect when running to make slow movement while covering better than constant (but slow) movement, which would be better than running.
Old 2008-03-12, 17:43   #27
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Would it discriminate between walking and crouched walking? That'd be pretty useful.

Also, it wouldn't create the additional bonus of helping limit prone-diving by using the: "going prone -> reduces stamina -> temporarily reduces accuracy" benefit, but by the sound of it that's not possible at all?

Old 2008-03-12, 17:51   #28
Jonny

It appears to be any kind of moving around by using the w,a,s,d keys. I also think that while crouching there should be an animation* with a smaller weapon sway than while standing, and while running there would be a blur effect.

* I will ask Mosquill to add these while the zeroing is being done.
Old 2008-03-13, 01:38   #29
nedlands1

Jonny is right when he says, "there is no way to discriminate between walking and running". The time you move for and whether it is a strafe movement or forwards/backwards movement is how the deviation is determined. Having said that, there is something that can be done. There is a zoom modifier for deviation. Currently it is set at "1" which means looking down you sights is as accurate as not looking down them. If this value was set to something low(X) and the base deviation was increased, then moving with the sights up would be far more effective as the deviation added due to moving would be X times less. I believe that moving with the sights up would be more effective than moving then bringing the sights up to shoot.
nedlands1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 15:20   #30
Masaq
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Interesting thought... how easy would be it be to plumb a couple of values into this and try it out?

Tags
accuracy, deviation, stamina, stamina bar, staminarelated