project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Polish Forces
09 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Polish Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Polish Forces faction.

Old 2013-01-01, 06:22   #21
[F|H]Zackyx
Default Re: Mi-24V Hind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober View Post

its not "chosen" yet i think ddeo should answer your question :P
thx
If you give the gatling and the fixed twin 23mm it will be the most op Attack chopper in PR

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Also another thing. You should really look into what other versions of the Hind PR might need. I dunno much about the hind but I do know there are many different versions and it would be best to forward plan what versions PR needs and make them now or at least make preparations to have them done in the future, like different weapons etc,
I don't know if you are planning to make a MEC version for the hind but i think the mi-24 super hind mk.III made by ATE would be a very good choice this version is actually use in the Algerian army, plus i found some pretty sick art work :

This is the link of the deviant art of the guy who made this maybe you can enter in contact with him and use is 3dsmax models it would be awsome, and this guy also made some realy nice Su-30 and Su-27 models.

This chopper on kashan desert will be Awesome and much more realistic than the Mi-28 because nowadays there is no arabe army using the havoc i know that Iraq ordered 30 of them but from what i read recently the contract was blocked because of USA pressure and there is some rumours about the possibility of Algeria to buy some but this not official yet.

Siregar3d on deviantART

Mi-24 Upgrades - ATE Offiacial Website of Ate with all the details

Data sheet with all detail and pictures of the instruments panels

More pictures if you are interested in it HELICO PASSION - MI24 Hind - Algrie
Last edited by [F|H]Zackyx; 2013-01-01 at 06:32..
Old 2013-01-01, 10:23   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I'm sorry guys but the last thing we need right now is everyone throwing up lots of suggestions about what Hinds we could use as that will only confuse the matter. Need the MAs and faction leads to state which ones they need.

Old 2013-01-01, 13:11   #23
Grober

p3d.in - Mi-24 Hind 1p lod0

made some update on p3d
Old 2013-01-01, 13:18   #24
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I said don't make 3D needles since they are pointless without working gauges
2D ones on the texture with a normal map are best.

Round bits you should look into making rounder, generally adding more tris to the main mesh and little details and modelling the fan blades etc.

One big thing I've just noticed is you MUST weld the screens, gauges, buttons etc into the cockpit, otherwise they will zfight and you don't want that! Right now you just have them as separate objects/elements on top which just won't do.
http://i.imgur.com/nZ6gk.jpg
Note how all the stuff is welded in.

Old 2013-01-01, 13:30   #25
Grober

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
One big thing I've just noticed is you MUST weld the screens, gauges, buttons etc into the cockpit, otherwise they will zfight and you don't want that!
you destroyed my day
Old 2013-01-01, 13:46   #26
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grober View Post
you destroyed my day

Remember like the 1st person model of a weapon, the cockpit is very close and constantly in the face of the player so you need to make the bits that are close to him and relevant, high detail and pretty so he can get fully immersed into the cockpit and feel like he/she is there.

If you have something looking really boxy, like that massive round screen you have, or something zfighting in their face the entire time they are flying like the buttons/gauges on the SU-25/A-10 etc, it just totally brakes the immersion and distracts the player from the game and experience.

You have a lot of polys to play with with a 1p model, so don't be afraid to make all the details you want on it

Old 2013-01-01, 21:37   #27
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

also you might want to add those 'wings' that are in the cocpit lod also appear on the passengers lod

Old 2013-01-16, 09:42   #28
ChallengerCC
Supporting Member

The mi-24 super hind mk.III is a realy cool helicopter and my favorit one!

It would be possible to integrate the mk.III for the PMC,

mi-24 super hind in blood diamond, a Para Military/PMC Group (i know its a film, but PR is also a game )

The standart Hind D or so would be nice anyway

Last edited by ChallengerCC; 2013-01-16 at 13:52..
Old 2013-01-17, 23:15   #29
Harvester

We can take these models for PR?
Mi24 3D Models and Textures | TurboSquid.com
Old 2013-01-18, 07:33   #30
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
We can take these models for PR?
Mi24 3D Models and Textures | TurboSquid.com
We would have to add a lot of tweaks to them. To be honest, we have already something like this, whole 3p model of our Mi-24 needs only optimalization and tweaks.

Tags
hind, mi24v, vehicle