project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:WWII General Discussion
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:WWII General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality WWII modification.

Old 2012-11-18, 13:51   #21
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: MS Paint your ultimate Operation Overlord!

I like doggreen's idea of making a German main in the topright corner. There's not much there anyway. And to bring the town a bit more into play, the town can be a capturable area for example.

Keep the ideas coming! It's much appreciated .

Old 2012-11-27, 00:11   #22
doggreen
Thumbs up Re: MS Paint your ultimate Operation Overlord!

To all who are helping my suggestion was made trying to play more of what happened on D-Day, this mod deserves that and more

So I used the feature Maps Bigot, for those who do not know the following significance:

Name stamped 'BIGOT' code to a security level beyond troops "Top Secret" U.S. has this map for the eastern sector of Omaha Beach. Only the most senior officers and some experts held off BIGOT.

So the project was restricted BIGOT that when King George visited a command ship and asked what was behind the curtains compartment, he was politely refused because, as an officer of Sentinel said later: "Nobody told me it was a fanatic. "

Many details of the map cam spy allies who risked their lives in German-occupied France. Detailed maps under water obstacles, trenches, minefields and defenses Germans from individual bunkers for mortar.

The suggestion made power point was relying on the first map, other suggestions for improvement come forward for this excellent mod, I will work to improve what we have soon put the result in this post for you to further improve

Follow the link where you can find a series of maps on the BIGOT Operation Overlord (D-Day)

D-Day : Normandy 1944 - OMAHA BEACH : U.S. Troops
Last edited by doggreen; 2012-11-27 at 01:02..
Old 2012-12-04, 00:40   #23
doggreen

Guys, as promised I sent you a new suggestion for Operation Overlord.

It is divided as follows:

They were divided into 03 categories:
  • First wave of attack Red Flags (Flags Beach);
  • Second wave of attack Yellow Flags;
  • Third wave of attack blue flags.

Using the first idea "gx" and "Murphy" to appoint the flags just as the Allies did during the D Day this way let the mod nearest the events that occurred during WWII.

I made a suggestion sequence flags so they can understand the application of the ideas of these flags.

And by the end I would like to make a compliment AD why during my research, to locate reference points and names the city, I found photos of the season and he reproduced it on the map so amazing.

All explanations are in the powerpoint presentation, hope you enjoy

Operation Overlord_revised.ppt
Last edited by doggreen; 2012-12-05 at 01:44.. Reason: FILE CORRECT LINK
Old 2012-12-04, 06:55   #24
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wow, I really like that idea!

But taking sequence #1 for example. How can we prevent the Allies to go further east and from there move on foot towards the west?

Either way, nice work!

Edit: The beach names are a bit odd: first it's Easy Red, Dog Green and PDH, then it's Fox Red where it used to be Easy Red and then it's Easy Red where it should be Dog Green .

Old 2012-12-05, 02:20   #25
doggreen

Sorry my fault .. The file with the correct names have been update.

AD

I tried to recreate the events as they occurred, moments after taking the advance from the beach inland occurred slowly due to the bocage.

The only reinforcements began arriving at the beach (vehicles & tanks) in D-Day plus 1 and 2, so I suggested the square green spawn of assets.

The drive to the beach would Colleville infantry, then from west to east would spawn the tanks and half tracks for both sides. As shown in the map below.

This would give reality to the map but when the allies began to disembark their equipment and also the Order of the Marshal Rommel releasing the panzer divisions to stop the Allied advance.

Another point is that this movement combines with your other excellent map Brecourt Assault where troops who landed on the beach had to meet up with the paratroopers who had jumped on the outskirts of Ste Mere-Eglise, Carentan (Cotetin Peninsula).

What I can help tell me, I love this mod ..
Old 2012-12-05, 06:41   #26
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I think your setup is fine. If I get the time, I'll update the layer, so it has that layout. I like the routes, gives more diversity.

I have some ideas of my own for the paradrop layer (the one that will be played in the minimod event ). I'm sure that's going to be quite epic .

Old 2012-12-06, 11:00   #27
doggreen

Excellent! Great news!!

I'll be at this event for sure. I hope that the time zone difference (-3h00) I can still find players on the server.

I am disclosing this event that will be really epic, player for PR here in Brazil.

What I can help you can count on me
Old 2012-12-07, 17:41   #28
Murphy

I guess moving the mains to Munitions and Cliffs would open the town and the barracks (more interesting spots to fight over). Maybe it could be that the paratroopers have pushed up to the beach in an attempt to secure the positions overlooking the landing area before they swept through the village.
Old 2012-12-16, 14:27   #29
Grober

day stuff

Tags
operation, overlord, paint, ultimate