project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-06-05, 21:37   #21
Kevokpo
Default Re: Falklands Testing Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Cheers guys
Flag layout (as well as asset layout) is based very much on the 1982 war:

)
the flag capture order will be like standard PR? or you would be able to capture any flag on any order? I don't know if you already tried it but as the map is extremely big I think it would be something interesting to see.

and yea I was thinking about the LVPT-7, but sometimes I like to write instead of reading the design plan .

Excellent job btw, This is the only map where I find extremely enjoyable and fun flying at low altitudes, it feels like the best experience of all times, only on this map
Old 2012-06-05, 21:51   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

got a cap order to keep things fluent and not to get into the vBF2 style "whack a mole" syndrome, which would be especially apparent on a map like this with huge distances and very little transport.

Cheers!

Old 2012-06-09, 22:14   #23
Murphy

The night layer is fairly one sided due to lack of proper skins on the Argentine side. Mec skins are lit up like Christmas trees while only the Brits face is visible, this makes for quite a lopsided infantry experience. Other then that I still love the map and have to disagree with some peoples view of it being to open, it forces people to use terrain accordingly or pay with their lives.

Great to see HMGs fixed as well as that horrific dead bodies falling through the map issue. I had fun today, and am looking forward to the full release of the mini-mod.

Great work guys!
Old 2012-06-09, 23:23   #24
Kamov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
The night layer is fairly one sided due to lack of proper skins on the Argentine side. Mec skins are lit up like Christmas trees while only the Brits face is visible, this makes for quite a lopsided infantry experience. Other then that I still love the map and have to disagree with some peoples view of it being to open, it forces people to use terrain accordingly or pay with their lives.

Great to see HMGs fixed as well as that horrific dead bodies falling through the map issue. I had fun today, and am looking forward to the full release of the mini-mod.

Great work guys!
This, the issue with the camo skin was what made the match I played largely unenjoyable. It is a good map I have to admit but it made us largely very easy to spot.
Old 2012-06-10, 00:53   #25
DDS
Supporting Member

logistics will be a huge problem. I don't know how the Argentinians got around (bicycle, moped) cuz... damn. The multiple jets made it feel like an air only map.

Night time map seemed a bit dark for me. I think dusk would work better.
The falklands scenario just seems unintersting to me... Wasn't that battle over in like 1 hour?

Tactical Gamer was an Excellent Server. Yeah that's right, I said that, go a head and BAN ME from your server now!
Last edited by DDS; 2012-06-10 at 01:00..
Old 2012-06-10, 01:01   #26
ledo1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post
logistics will be a huge problem. I don't know how the Argentinians got around (bicycle, moped) cuz... damn. The multiple jets made it feel like an air only map.

The falklands scenario just seems unintersting to me... Wasn't that battle over in like 1 hour?
Old 2012-06-10, 02:10   #27
Wicca
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS View Post

DDS.. Just... Read on game design.. And come back.

I would like to have a layer where you have flags on all the islands. And make all of them capable. Like say 2 flags per island.

The same assets. This might spread AIR around abit, since they were mostly flying over the main island, unless they did some sort of formation stuff.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Old 2012-06-10, 02:11   #28
Jolly

I was so tired last night, after two rounds, I really have to sleep.
So I missed night version????

Edit: Can I start a local server of night version, I want to see if everything's fine in low settings.
Last edited by Jolly; 2012-06-10 at 02:29..
Old 2012-06-10, 02:33   #29
sharpie
Supporting Member

Got a few screenies that I captured-aplogise for crappy quality. The tracers really looked magnificient, especially when a Harrier would come down for a strafing run.

Scimitar putting supressing fire down on Goose Green.

And an Argentine A-1 coming in for a run.

Another pretty cool aspect about the nightmap was it's hard as hell to see aircraft...you hear this battle raging above you, and you can't see a damn thing. Really, really awesome. Adds just another layer of immersion to the gameplay.

Thank you Rhino for a really awsome map...seriously, it's awesome.
Creds to Smuke for Tacticool, and Realplay is a nub.

"Tom I think you have influenced the combat effectiveness of this team! Everyone has gone full potato."~Foxxyfrost
[DM]P*Funk: its like a funk guitar seminar up in that bitch
K_Rivers-"...everything is broken in your country,"
RinWarZip: Your butthurt is like cold september morning by the seashore for me. Refreshing. Pepper mint.
Old 2012-06-10, 03:42   #30
Q2M100

Feedback on Helicopters:

1. Argentina needs more choppers! I felt that due to the extreme effectiveness of the jets, having one chopper makes it very difficult for troop transport/supplies. Maybe add a second or third Huey? There is enough space on the mini runway anyways.

2. Quicker helicopter spawns? I feel like the helicopters are dying to quickly and not spawning fast enough. You often wait 10+ minutes to use the chopper for 30 seconds. I know that the assets must feel valuable, but when you have 6+ enemy jets patrolling the sky it is difficult to even use them, let alone keep them alive.

Tags
falklands, feedback, testing