project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
18 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-05-10, 10:40   #21
gerardnm

I'm a TG memeber too and I've noticed it some nites....alot of guys are new in from BF2 and still learning, others seem plain retarded. Kicked my 1st guy froma an inf squad the other nite....guy was plain stoopid.

On TG look for the TG tags (I dont use it btw) and join that squad 9/10 times those guys'll follow orders and try work together.
gerardnm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 11:18   #22
stickyjeans69

yeah, i don't entirely trust the TG tags anymore, just those i KNOW are good TG team players, yesterday there was a guy with the tag TG Azuraxsomethingsomething and the way he played was that of a 2 year old child.
stickyjeans69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 11:21   #23
Garack

Agree ! When i play as SL and half of the squad going own ways, i wish i can force them to do. But i warn them and then kick them out of squad. When i am under 4 players my rally points are uselaess, but the whole squad is useless when they ignore orders.

Will be nice when something will be implemented to solve this issue.
Garack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 12:22   #24
Seirrah

I agree with the opening post.

Over the last week or so I have seen a drastic dip in the teamwork and realism found on all the servers I've played on.

It would be great if playing properly within a squad was rewarded....or rather that not playing 'properly' in a squad was punished.

I've always wondered if there was a way to make the squad stay in a relatively tight radius around the squad-leader, or maybe bonus points for killing/healing/rearming when you're within 80metres of your SL.

The big question is though, do the people that play in a stupid way really care about points?
Seirrah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 12:37   #25
Doom721

Yeah sometimes things just remind me of vanilla, basrah, which AT THE MOMENT ( Hopes the PR dev's bring him a nice basrah in the future )
is more like a playground for smacktardism

I love those moments when I find a person whos a regular, whom I've played with plenty of times who really CARES about teamwork, and really doesn't matter how long it takes us. I wont mention any names ( Crazy medic Spacecadett )

I will say for no reason, I seem to be "racist" against M4's.... the gun is just too darn good, but I try to avoid that ( I miss the pr .32 m4 )

I don't lead squads much, because im wishy washy sometimes, and I tend to like being a rifleman on the frontline - but some people really just neglect that they are even a squad lead, and just create a squad and do whatever.

Had a squad lead last night driving a tank solo, he was at the right flag, but didn't make any attempts to man a tank crew, then he took the apc solo :/

Yes smacktard level is rising, people like new toys, I feel we just need more things to add that feeling of PR to PR! I mean things that make you say "!@%!%@ I hate this" when getting used to aiming, or bleeding.

I don't think 5 minute spawns would really help but I think as the game develops, the DEV's will find a way to make the mod suit thier pace more so!
Doom721 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 12:42   #26
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom721
I feel we just need more things to add that feeling of PR to PR! I mean things that make you say "!@%!%@ I hate this" when getting used to aiming, or bleeding.

I don't think 5 minute spawns would really help but I think as the game develops, the DEV's will find a way to make the mod suit thier pace more so!
amen!.. and my 5 minutes was only ever a facetious suggestion
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 12:45   #27
Long Bow

Even if the TG server has smacktards on the rise I still find it one of the best servers for good squads. I find that if you wait to pick your squad and look for a SL that knows what their doing usually things are good. I actually have been in stickyjeans squads several times and have never had any problems with smacktards when I am .

I find that the problem is not enough good SL to go around, or they don't join the game early enough to get a squad of their own. I will see often one or two full squads playing well as a squad but not helping the team. Im sure they think there helping there team by camping out at a flag that won't be in play for at least 2/3 of the round
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 13:10   #28
*spacecadett*

Talking

Yeah i gotta go with the majority of this thread the level of smacktardism has been on the rise lately! but hey try to play with people you know! it aint that hard to check the player list before logging on to a server! Sad but true Stay away from Al Bashara = smacktard central!

dont always join the first best squad that pops up on the list ( i know that i like to create squads in the later loading stages so that one can try to avoid the kit whores and the tards from joining!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Bow
I find that the problem is not enough good SL to go around, or they don't join the game early enough to get a squad of their own. I will see often one or two full squads playing well as a squad but not helping the team. Im sure they think there helping there team by camping out at a flag that won't be in play for at least 2/3 of the round

im not sure if im answering this correctly but ok granted PR is sadly about flag caping! but might it acure to you that sometimes controling a area is more vital then controling the flag! EX. sunset city if you can control the area infront of the usmc main base they have no chance to push through to the flags!

just my own experiance is that i tend to avoid flags unless completly necesery i hate flag capping !

PS. doom im not crazy, am i?
*spacecadett* is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 13:29   #29
Long Bow

Spacecaddet, your right there are a lots of times when you are doing more for your team by being in a strategic position then on a certain flag. I was comenting more about squads being so far removed from the fighting as your team slowly gets pushed back. Your sunset example I would say makes sence to me, but if the USMC had temple, construction and the other forward flag and you start loosing a 4th flag, that extra squad might be of use in the city. Im not going to debate tactics because even if the above situation was true there could be two or three viable options If our team was making progress etc. and you can get a squad in a good spot to screw the enemy over thats great
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 13:50   #30
Fat Zombie

Hey. I've never really noticed "bad" players in PR; I may just be lucky, but it may also be that I'm not as strict. I don't play for points, since they make no difference whatsoever; I play to be entertained. I follow orders when I can (which is most of the time), but i'm not the best player.

One thing, though; just because i'm not a brilliant player, that doesn't mean I should be punished for this. If I was deliberately being stupid, then maybe. But if I'm simply not as good as you at something, that's no reason.
If I was ever punished by a squad leader, I would respawn and kill them. It's no deterrent, it just makes the person who's been teamkilled (effectively) angry with the perpetrator, whether it was meant to act as a punishment or not.
Fat Zombie is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
level, rising, smacktard