project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-10, 05:10   #21
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eL33t
Here are your options

1) Shoot first, ask questions later, let god sort them out...

2) Be a medic, say your sorry, and try ferociously to revive them...

3) Keep your mini map zoomed in and check for friendlies...

4) (My personal favorite) Spot them with the q-button, and see what team it thinks it's on...

5) Memorize what the different enemies look like, and don't shoot your team. If you do shoot your teammates, refer to answer #2. If you are not sure what the enemy looks like, refer to answer #4

6) Just assume the role of your team's assigned "Team-Killer", and refer to answer #1
50% of the 'advice' given here is completely wrong. Refer to points 1, 2 & 6 as bad examples

-Ghost

Ghostrider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 11:06   #22
CyC_AnD

For me name tags are to far. Maybe in open area it isn't a issue but if you are in cqb espesialy in buildings with 10+ ppl the text just fills all your screen
But its quite ok like it is now.
CyC_AnD is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 11:56   #23
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Think of it like this. just like RL no?

very far: cannot tell who, he is or which side he is on.(charecter model)

medium: can tell which side he is on, but not who it is.(can see kit, race, team etc)

Close: Can see which side, weapon, race, team and who it actualy is(Can see player tag)

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 16:04   #24
General_J0k3r

i find it good as it is. and in RL, friendly fire happens . spot where you think you've seen something, check the minimap. a question mark in middle of friendlies => a friendly. red dot => evident. question mark w/out friendlies around => 2 possibilities: 1) enemy 2) treetop, some thingy whatsoever

an easy algorithm i think. and it's a good idea to know where friendlies are anyway .
General_J0k3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 15:14   #25
101 bassdrive
Banned

Id love to be able to remove the nametags by pressing ALT.
especially on jungle maps like mao and ghost train they hinder you from actually seeing anything when moving as a group cause theyre so comically shiny bright and take up the whole screen.

if you have to rely on nametags to show up to confirm a target youre probably dead already.
101 bassdrive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 15:20   #26
Seirrah

I'd actually rather get rid of the nametags completely. Or maybe they only come up if looking directly at the person (without a wall in the way) , and within 10metres (for identifing people for ammo, medikits etc).

[However I have been avoiding the Chinese maps recently as I don't find many of them fun as the uniforms of the soldiers is too similar for me. On these maps I probably need an infinite range on the name tags!]

edit: maybe I can remove nametags and somehow have missed the key. If so please let me know!
Seirrah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 15:46   #27
Dyer |3-5|

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman101
lol minimap can be confusing when you are in a base and if you dont shoot...you get killed...btw what does QFT mean?

If you get confused that easily please go play another game. This one is gonna be a little over your head.

And in RL you can identify people at close range by their face, not in game. Name tags are perfect as they are.
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-11, 16:53   #28
Long Bow

Well for one in 0.6 the weapons and equipment that you currently don't see at long range are fixed. They will now appear at long range which will go along way to identifying targets. Second the rifelman, SF, SL, and engineer all have binocs in 0.6 which again helps allot to identify targets.

All of these should help you out Saxman101
Long Bow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 04:03   #29
Nijil

I don't think its considered reality when people look similar in game. Real life is seen at a higher resolution than what you can get on a computer screen, and therefore it will be easier to make out who is who. However, since this is a video game, true reality can be thrown out the window.

Looking at the minimap doesn't always help. Once I saw a target, looked up at the minimap to see if he was an ally, and the mini map showed that he was. So as I got slightly closer the player gunned me down, my ally was behind the wall he stood in front of. It was a bit aggravating, but situations like this don't happen very often. Also, Id assume players are easier to spot with better hardware, because they don't look as muddy as the go off into the distance.
Nijil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-12, 12:32   #30
Jimmy_Smack

I would actually like to only be able to see the nametags in your immediate facinity.
Jimmy_Smack is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
allies, farther, nametags