project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
07 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2005-05-19, 18:50   #21
Ugly Duck

I'll throw in a DIME!

Anyways, to go along with what I said before. Smaller scale artillary, such as mortars should be included even if they have ruined the entire spotting concept. The commander retain's his command over the big guns, but it is the spotters job to aim them for him via spotting. IRL artillary is behind the lines, so the commander would be tasked with OKing the target and sending out a volley. Hopefully we can get some nice effects on the artillary too.

Back to mortars, gotta love them. They could be set up in the field or in static positions and used by your average joe. I love using mortars in DCR on Inshalla Valley, however that's spelled. They're very effective for shooting from up on a cliff down to a small village with the super high arc.
Ugly Duck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-19, 22:20   #22
snipurs

when i was playing the mid versions of DC we would spike the area (usally using me as a means of spoting and relay the arty on the target)we would hit the target useing every artill peice on the map that we could use and when it was all said and done with we got teh flag i would move on to go behind enemy lines and target tanks, even Hq or flags that we deacided not to get.

for me arty if tourny is a must, god arty sucks and isnt fun to me i like the idea of team work and having some trail and error. as for mortor goes that was awsome though in pubs it is a anoying when people who know just were to spam a area but besides that it nice to spam a flag a little then charge in.
snipurs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2005-05-21, 12:47   #23
Wolfmaster
Retired PR Developer

artillery should definetely not be in god mode. i really like the idea of spotters having to relay information to the commander. however, spotter should not be a special class, nor should it be only possible for snipers. any soldier should have the ability to give the position of a target to the squad leader, either by description ('in that building on the far east near the antenna') or by coordinates. the squad leader should then relay it to the commander.

Wolfmaster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
artillery, coordinating