project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2012-05-28, 04:06   #21
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

Default Re: SKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt3r View Post
Just give the SKS a reload animation where it releases the mag to let the rounds tumble out, puts it back in, pulls the bolt back, and then gets a stripper down the receiver. Job done.
i think lowering the rifle and getting a click sound followed by some tumbling rounds would work, if we got a proper animation for it I think a new model would be necessary. that is unless the magazine is already currently a separate piece from the rest of the rifle

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 07:00   #22
dtacs
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Or you could simply not use the SKS. Seems to be the best solution so far
I'd rather use it over any other weapon anyday, even the G3. It's low fire rate forces good fire discipline, at least for me anyway. The whole no-reload mechanic doesn't make much difference anyway.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 08:58   #23
Hunt3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
i think lowering the rifle and getting a click sound followed by some tumbling rounds would work, if we got a proper animation for it I think a new model would be necessary. that is unless the magazine is already currently a separate piece from the rest of the rifle
That could work too.
Hunt3r is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 12:45   #24
Stealthgato

Suggested that some months ago on another thread but don't think anyone noticed.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 20:03   #25
billysmall44

Couldn't you just pull the bolt back and release the rounds manually? Just like a handgun? I don't know if someone already suggested that or not, but that's what I would do.

Question: Does the same thing happen to the Lee Enfield? Do you have to have an empty clip in order to reload? I suppose it wouldn't really matter. The enfield holds like 20 rounds.
billysmall44 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 14:12   #26
Stealthgato

No. The SMLE magazine holds 10 rounds. The SKS has a hatch at the bottom of the magazine that can be opened to let rounds out.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 16:33   #27
godfather_596

I personally find it quite powerful and useful at close range and long I also empty clips after every fight anyways so who cares
godfather_596 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 20:48   #28
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

SKS is basically AK47 damage with regular rifle accuracy.

Only bad for close range(and not that bad if you aim) due to it not spraying as fast.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 01:15   #29
godfather_596

it fires fast enough when you click really fast but of course for close combat (and in general) you are better off with our good old AK47
godfather_596 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 14:38   #30
PlaynCool

When i use sks if i start firing i always empty my bullets, i don't want to enter in a situation with enemies around me when i have only 2-3 bullets left.So as others said make it reloadable as all PR weapons are.You loose the bullets that are inside.
PlaynCool is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
sks