project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

View Poll Results: Which set of Voices do you think best fits the Argentinian Faction?
Chinese 9 6.82%
English - British 5 3.79%
English - American 14 10.61%
French 82 62.12%
German 2 1.52%
Hebrew 4 3.03%
Arabic 6 4.55%
Militia (Not sure what language) 4 3.03%
Russian 6 4.55%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-07-02, 23:53   #21
Angriff
Default Re: Argentinian Place Holder Voices

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
That's why it's called placeholder, to use until we have Spanish voices to put.
Indeed - my point being there is no difference whether it is French, Arabic or Chinese IMO.

At least I would use Arabic as long as Argentina have MEC skins.

But since several Argentinian players in the community have already voiced their will to help, let's hope they will start working with some sound devs soon.

Cheers : )
Last edited by Angriff; 2012-07-03 at 00:01..
Old 2012-07-03, 01:00   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angriff View Post
But since several Argentinian players in the community have already voiced their will to help, let's hope they will start working with some sound devs soon.
Ye, and I hope they do, but not an area I can personally help them in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandrei07 View Post
I totally disagree with this, I do not care if no time or do it well or do not.
Your welcome to do this yourself you know but your statement is also a double edged sword, as if your going to make new voices, yes you need to "do it well or not at all".

At the end of the day, this is something I physically can not do on my own, because one, I don't speak Spanish and 2, I don't have an Argentinian accent. It is up to the Argentinian community to do this and if you think its such a massive deal alexandrei, you should take on the responsibility.

At the end of the day, I'm not going to be sitting here, twiddling my thumbs when every other piece of the puzzle is in place, waiting to release this mod because one tiny item that doesn't affect gameplay is missing and no one is working on it and there is nothing I can do about it and its also something that I'm sure the PR community wouldn't like the mod being held back from release, just because of this small item which tbh, is a tiny bit of the game now VOIP/Mumble etc is so used, it isn't even necessary part of the game.

Old 2012-07-03, 06:33   #23
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Don't you have vBF2 Spanish voices? Sucks
Old 2012-07-03, 08:42   #24
=-=kittykiller

controversial but what about taking from this its a dead mod and has spanish voice set, althoughg as im sure the great horned on knows, they were naughty boys

Planet Battlefield - Maps, News, Battlefield 3, Videos, Downloads

mod has been burned to the ground although reports suggest modjive may have it thats a moddownload utility?!
further if it was able to download and DEAD !

coulkd the voices be used? Does anyone want to try some detective work to find the owners ? if its dead possible placeholder? used for non profit ?

alegedly created/stolen by an individual called "J0S3M4" this is his twitter http://twitter.com/#!/j0s3m4 its active !

i know rhino is guna slam this one down, as they have beef
Last edited by =-=kittykiller; 2012-07-03 at 08:54.. Reason: derpin' researched
Old 2012-07-03, 09:00   #25
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Your link above is to the USI Mod?

But I take it your talking about the Spanish forces mod for BF2, forgot its name but I very much seriously doubt they will want to trade with us after they stole our old Harrier GR7 model and when we caught them we where not best pleased with them

But I very much doubt they even had any Spanish voices? If anyone can find them then ye, could look into it but very much doubt they would allow us to use them and we are not going steal anything, even if they did steal from us

Old 2012-07-03, 09:08   #26
=-=kittykiller

from what i have read rhino its seems that o****** *****e mod did infact have a spanish voice set.

the guy is spanish i have no idea what to say to him or anything,

if you are not oposed on principal alone, maybe inroads could be made by a SPANISH or ARGENTINIAN brother of ours?

That is if they still exist, this could be seen as some sort of redemption for him, IF his voice set is

a./ real
b./ any good
c./ believed to be his property.

if you are reading this nad you are spanish or know the language or better yet from the argentinian community although its not going to be correct, its not FRENCH PM him on twitter and find out whats up be nice
Twitter
Old 2012-07-03, 09:20   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I dunno why your not saying the mods name, Operation Sunrise is what it was... Operation Sunrise mod for Battlefield 2 - Mod DB

But as I said, I don't have any problem with using there Spanish voices, providing A, they have them and B, they are good quality but as I said, I very much doubt they will give them to us.

Old 2012-07-03, 10:18   #28
=-=kittykiller

well

"the mod that dare not speak its name"

seems universally reviled, hated and shamed. Also yeah total longshot, just putting it out there, hoping a spanish speaker will make the effort to click the linbk above and ask.
Old 2012-07-03, 11:24   #29
BroCop

Quote:
Originally Posted by =-=kittykiller View Post
"the mod that dare not speak its name"
ask.
Nations at War?
Old 2012-07-03, 21:09   #30
=-=kittykiller

not helpful mate are you saying the voices were stolen from "nations at war" or do you not understand the mod is called "op sunrise"?

once again if u speak spanish why not twitter this guy whose mod had spanish voices and ask him, longshot.

>link to his feed that is active.
Twitter

otherwise i think french is best

Tags
argentinian, holder, place, voices