project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2012-08-16, 19:42   #21
ElshanF

Default Re: [PRTA] R-COY - Bomber Vs MIGs

Oh. Maybe? xD
ElshanF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-16, 23:18   #22
Cossack
Supporting Member

Yes, it can happen, why not? Friendly jet generates heat as well, so nothing surprising.

Cossack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 04:32   #23
40mmrain
Supporting Member

the Su-30 is more of fighter than a bomber, but anyways the act of quickly weaving left and right, up and down to progress slower in the x direction to get your opponent to pass you is a really good maneuver, nice work on using it that effectively.

You really outsmarted you opponent, that was good flying. May I ask if you mean to swerve to conserve distance, or did you just kind of "do it" without thinking?
Last edited by 40mmrain; 2012-08-17 at 04:38..
Old 2012-08-17, 08:59   #24
Daniel
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack112 View Post
Yes, it can happen, why not? Friendly jet generates heat as well, so nothing surprising.
But before the missile is fired (or maybe even also in flight, IF the missile has a friend or foe system in it) a system in the jet will check the surrounding jets for friend or foe, the missile will then go for the target and if it misses it misses and won't go to next heat source to kill it whithout knowing if friend or foe! xD
Daniel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 15:02   #25
Stealthgato

Haha nicely done. Migs got owned. I like how in the vid it goes "drops flares to redirect AA missiles to MiG2" when you're just spamming flares praying not to get hit
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-17, 19:54   #26
ElshanF

In my opinion every jet has their advantage. And AA is pretty retarded sometimes. When they don't lock onto you and still go towards you :/ They gotta fix that honestly
ElshanF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-18, 14:25   #27
Stemplus

IMHO the lock-on time should be much longer, so the jet has time to find out that you're behind him. Of course, you can turn the rockets off, get closer and rape him with your cannon, but then he has to be blind if he won't spot you in the meantime. Also, the turning radius is pretty much fine, the only thing I'd change about it is give it a delay time, just like in a tank. IRL when a pilot pulls the stick as hard as he can the jet will keep flying forward for a bit and then start flying to the direction where he is pointing. There is no way to make jets handle like that, but you I think it is possible to make the jets HANDLE like that (by giving the delay thingy)
Stemplus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 11:23   #28
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
1: I'm such a fucking idiot for using AA. I know it's a huge no-no in those kind of situations and I actually told myself before I went in that I was not going to use it. I'm still struggling to understand what happened (probably a mixture of retardation and the habit of using the AA).

2: Don't try to take credit for not getting killed by me as it's pure luck that I hit Huba and not you. You 'evading the missile with your flares' has very little to do with it. Put it this way; it's either him or you. This time the missile didn't hit you (nor your flares, for that matter), but Huba.

3: Fuck.

4: /rant.

Getting sick of CIA, believe it or not.

Yeah it's a friggin' miracle!
Dat ego
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 17:25   #29
VapoMan
Retired PR Developer

Nice. That was actually a pretty cool looking dogfight.

"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
VapoMan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-22, 06:25   #30
Fukster

saXoni screwed up no big deal. what im sure is that u didnt have a clue what you were doing. Panic reactions as its best. And adding a well planned tactic information to video afterwards.

I still hate when people call jets so random on this game, but still the better pilots gets shot down less than other ones.

I hope saXoni takes this humiliation as lesson learned and starts trusting the supreme power of gun when its needed.

Lucky me i didnt end up on that video....

When i get shot down by a good pilot i give him the credit he deserves.

other than that... GREAT VIDEO!
Fukster is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bomber, migs, prta, rcoy