Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights
22 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-09, 10:27   #21
illidur
Default Re: PR:F v0.182 Server Side Patch

nice job. you kicked failure in the nuts.
Old 2012-10-10, 09:53   #22
Prevtzer
Banned

Good job!
Old 2012-10-10, 21:17   #23
Megagoth1702
Supporting Member

Awesome! Thanks for your hard work!

Old 2012-10-12, 03:07   #24
Dr_Death

still waiting for the patch where you fix the weapon parkinson textures and the argentinean planes lag that make the dogfighting a nightmare, also, still waiting for the A-4AR, fixing the FOB AA crashing the server, and tweaking the VW mode on capturing the flag (there have to be 6 planes close to the flag at all time to capture it)
Old 2012-10-12, 03:20   #25
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Death View Post
still waiting for the patch where you fix the weapon parkinson textures and the argentinean planes lag that make the dogfighting a nightmare, also, still waiting for the A-4AR, fixing the FOB AA crashing the server, and tweaking the VW mode on capturing the flag (there have to be 6 planes close to the flag at all time to capture it)
I'm sorry I've not heard of pretty much any of this, if your "still waiting" then its probably because you haven't reported them, or for some other reason.

the "weapon parkinson textures", I take it your referring to the vertex wobbling? This is a side effect in BF2 from having such large maps, and only happens when your very far away from the centre of the map. As you get close to the centre of the map again, pretty much anywhere on the islands then its hardly noticeable, although in Stanley you can see it a bit since that's almost on the edge of the 8km area. There is nothing we can do on this engine to fix this, its just how the engine was made and it wasn't made to deal with this size of map.

"argentinean planes lag", first I've heard of it? Care to go into more detail? Ideally in the correct topic? https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...g-reports.html

You do realize the A-4AR wasn't made until 1996 and didn't enter service in the Argentine AF until 1998 and as such, wasn't in the Falklands War. In fact it was made because of the Falklands War... Only the A-4B, A-4C and A-4Q where in the war so you can wait all you like for it to come in, it isn't going to
EDIT: The only way the A-4AR could get into PR is if a modern Argentinian faction was made for it, but I'm personally not going to do that, but your more than welcome to.

The deployable AA wasn't (or isn't) crashing any servers to my knowledge, again if it is, no one has reported it, but the Argentine Deployable AA not deploying was fixed in this patch.

And yes, the VW mode amount of players to cap is something that e hope to fix in time but its quite a complicated bit of code to edit and without the orignal creator of the code its not a straight forward thing to fix. Only one person in our team currently can fix it and he's pretty busy at the mo so decided to release this patch without this fix as otherwise you still wouldn't have all the other fixes this patch brings

So Dr Death, I would suggest if you want something to happen, do something about it yourself, even if its just a bug report at the very least otherwise, its not going to get fixed unless someone else reports it and then that on its own might not be enough info to fix it on.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2012-10-12 at 03:31..
Old 2012-10-12, 17:59   #26
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I'm sorry I've not heard of pretty much any of this, if your "still waiting" then its probably because you haven't reported them, or for some other reason.

the "weapon parkinson textures", I take it your referring to the vertex wobbling? This is a side effect in BF2 from having such large maps, and only happens when your very far away from the centre of the map. As you get close to the centre of the map again, pretty much anywhere on the islands then its hardly noticeable, although in Stanley you can see it a bit since that's almost on the edge of the 8km area. There is nothing we can do on this engine to fix this, its just how the engine was made and it wasn't made to deal with this size of map.

"argentinean planes lag", first I've heard of it? Care to go into more detail? Ideally in the correct topic? https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...g-reports.html

You do realize the A-4AR wasn't made until 1996 and didn't enter service in the Argentine AF until 1998 and as such, wasn't in the Falklands War. In fact it was made because of the Falklands War... Only the A-4B, A-4C and A-4Q where in the war so you can wait all you like for it to come in, it isn't going to
EDIT: The only way the A-4AR could get into PR is if a modern Argentinian faction was made for it, but I'm personally not going to do that, but your more than welcome to.

The deployable AA wasn't (or isn't) crashing any servers to my knowledge, again if it is, no one has reported it, but the Argentine Deployable AA not deploying was fixed in this patch.

And yes, the VW mode amount of players to cap is something that e hope to fix in time but its quite a complicated bit of code to edit and without the orignal creator of the code its not a straight forward thing to fix. Only one person in our team currently can fix it and he's pretty busy at the mo so decided to release this patch without this fix as otherwise you still wouldn't have all the other fixes this patch brings

So Dr Death, I would suggest if you want something to happen, do something about it yourself, even if its just a bug report at the very least otherwise, its not going to get fixed unless someone else reports it and then that on its own might not be enough info to fix it on.
thanks for the info about the A-4, i had NO idea about it, and cant no one change the engien in this texture bug? i am sure is related to the planes lag on the movement and cockpit, because this dont happen on the HMS, however, they are way closer to the center of the map, and like i said before, that make dogfighting almost a nightmare for the Arg. planes.

And the Arg. AA bug is when you mount on one, on the argentinean side, tryed it on the AAS on the night, the server didn't crashed, the connection did (thats what i meant) i lost connection, it was that, or a CTD after pressing E to get in the AA

oh, and maybe you will want to take a look on the planes HUD, i get it, its the first public relase and not every plane have the same weapons, but the HUD for the planes is.... very wrong sometimes (for example, % of power display dissapear when changing weapons, or the language/color change when doing that, etc.)

may i suggest to add an argentinean chinook to the main base? or try to make a C-130?

some.... noobs get as rifleman in the tierra del fuego airbase and they have no way to get to the islands.

no, there were no paratroopers for the arg. army in the falklands war, and there is no runway, but they may could land the C-130 on pebble island or you could make some kit with a parachute.
Old 2012-10-12, 20:57   #27
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
and cant no one change the engien in this texture bug? i am sure is related to the planes lag on the movement and cockpit, because this dont happen on the HMS, however, they are way closer to the center of the map, and like i said before, that make dogfighting almost a nightmare for the Arg. planes.
Going to need more info on this. I very much doubt its down to the vertex wobble, all that's about is the engine looses its accuracy it can place vertexes when getting further away from the centre of the map and no, to my knowledge no way to fix it.

Do the Arg jets still lag when you've flown them to the centre of the map?

Also what are your system specs and game video settings?

Quote:
And the Arg. AA bug is when you mount on one, on the argentinean side, tryed it on the AAS on the night, the server didn't crashed, the connection did (thats what i meant) i lost connection, it was that, or a CTD after pressing E to get in the AA
Which AA would this be? There are quite a few and was it the AA at Stanley, Pebble or Argentina?

Quote:
oh, and maybe you will want to take a look on the planes HUD, i get it, its the first public relase and not every plane have the same weapons, but the HUD for the planes is.... very wrong sometimes (for example, % of power display dissapear when changing weapons, or the language/color change when doing that, etc.)
HUDs are only temporary right now, taken from other jets which is why pretty much all of them don't have the right missile/cannon names etc. In time we will look into making custom ones for each jet

Quote:
may i suggest to add an argentinean chinook to the main base? or try to make a C-130?

some.... noobs get as rifleman in the tierra del fuego airbase and they have no way to get to the islands.

no, there were no paratroopers for the arg. army in the falklands war, and there is no runway, but they may could land the C-130 on pebble island or you could make some kit with a parachute.
C-130 would be pretty pointless as per this topic: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f56...ery-spawn.html

Argentines may get a Chinook in the future on some layers like Infantry but I don't want to give too much flexability to the Argentinian side since they didn't use their choppers to assault positions like how they would be used ingame.

Old 2012-10-13, 08:41   #28
Dr_Death

my PC is a Win 7 Pro 64 bits with 8 gb ram, Ati 6950, Intel i5 and 2 tb hard drive, i dont think this is useful, i haven't seen no one complaining about this before but i am pretty sure this is universal, and no, the problem dont get fixed when the plane get closer to the center

and i mean the FOB AA, when you are on the arg. side and make a FOB, and then deploy some AA defences, at least happened once to me, it CTD when i entered
Old 2012-10-13, 08:59   #29
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Not heard one other person complain about Arg Jet lag?

Quote:
and i mean the FOB AA, when you are on the arg. side and make a FOB, and then deploy some AA defences, at least happened once to me, it CTD when i entered
Just you? If so its possibly from being out of memory when trying to load the deployable AA HUD etc but unlikely, and yes I know you have 8gbs, but BF2 is 32bit so limited to only so much memory.

Old 2012-10-13, 10:38   #30
Pvt.LHeureux
-

Rhino, the argies "jet lag" is that the movements are not smooth when you use barrel or pull up, push down. It's like if your jet was taking huge steps instead of turning smoothly the body.
Closed Thread

Tags
patch, prf, prfalklands, server, side