Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-12, 10:43   #21
temexter
Supporting Member

Default Re: Transport Helicopter Updates

Looking good.

I hope you'll focus in releasing the current package promptly and amendments in near future as the new installer can handle small patches/updates.

Keepuptheawesumness

Old 2013-04-12, 10:51   #22
FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3
Supporting Member

Rhino your saying that Light Transport Choppers can carry up to eight players as it is now. Also your saying medium and heavy Transport can carry a full load of troops. What does that mean? Do you managed it to get more than eight players in a vehicle? That would be awesome!!!

As far as i know eight is the limit set by the engine?!?!

http://www.qrf-clan.de/bilder/signatur/QRF_Hardstyle_signatur.png
Old 2013-04-12, 11:21   #23
Steckdose200
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3 View Post
Rhino your saying that Light Transport Choppers can carry up to eight players as it is now. Also your saying medium and heavy Transport can carry a full load of troops. What does that mean? Do you managed it to get more than eight players in a vehicle? That would be awesome!!!

As far as i know eight is the limit set by the engine?!?!
Well what if they could bind two vehicles together, and you would have to use the correct entrance to get to your seat.
This would increase the total seats like this: 2 Pilots and 8 men in the back.

Since there will be 128 Player Servers with 8 men Squads this should be considerd to be done, if it isn't allready impelmented.

So if a heli gets destroyed, because of an hit in the cockpit, the rest of the heli and all its passenger could maybe crashland?
Old 2013-04-12, 11:39   #24
piepieonline
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steckdose200 View Post
Well what if they could bind two vehicles together, and you would have to use the correct entrance to get to your seat.
Can't... Well, not properly, so yea, it basically stands at 'hardcoded'.
(Least, last I heard... unless something has completely blindsided me)

Old 2013-04-12, 11:49   #25
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Doesn't work properly the way you described.
More than 8p in a vehicle is (still) not possible, there are no new hacks or achievements.

Old 2013-04-12, 11:51   #26
Stealthgato

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK Ye@h H@rDstyl3 View Post
Rhino your saying that Light Transport Choppers can carry up to eight players as it is now. Also your saying medium and heavy Transport can carry a full load of troops. What does that mean?
It says 8 players including the pilot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneeHiGh View Post
Have there been any views or discussions from the DEVs on how this will effect gameplay on maps where one side has its forces carrier based while the other is ground based?

For example on maps like Muttrah, Baraccuda, Jabal to name a few where there are light helis this would be a disadvantage for the attacking team especially at the start of the round. With trans pilots having to do 2 runs before a squad can get a FOB up at a flag and then move onto the next. This will stall many advances and put BLUFOR teams on the back foot at the beginning of the round.

Any thoughts/comments ?
I think it's a good balancing measure, now it will be a little bit harder for the team with helicopters to go around building FOBs all over the place behind the lines (but I guess it won't matter much with the stupid permanent rallies >.>).
Old 2013-04-12, 11:52   #27
Zemciugas

Nice changes, will the German and Israeli factions be getting the AIX CH53 any time soon?
Old 2013-04-12, 12:55   #28
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

i don't get why the zhi-8KA is a heavy lift helicopter even though it lifts roughly the same as the Merlin? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 2013-04-12, 13:47   #29
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo_jnr_jnr View Post
i don't get why the zhi-8KA is a heavy lift helicopter even though it lifts roughly the same as the Merlin? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
The Zhi-8KA has a max lift of around 8,000 kg where the Merlin and other Medium Lift choppers have a max lift of around 5,000 kg. Although this isn't actual cargo capacity of each helicopter which will differ and for many helicopters isn't stated in weight or not at all, but these values are still more or less on the ball in the same ratios.

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2013-04-12 at 14:14..
Old 2013-04-12, 14:13   #30
DeltaSays

Good Job everyone !
Closed Thread

Tags
helicopter, helictoper, transport, updates