project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2013-07-20, 07:40   #21
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Mumble Overlay ala PR 1.0 and Local key preference

You can download one of overlay done by community in [rul=https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-bf2-support/107092-prmumble-help-faq-tips-tricks.html]this thread[/url], and then customization it.

To make things clear, PR 1.0 don't use overlay. This info about mumble is actually ingame HUD, so it can't be changed, nor customizable without a lot of work, which would also make it slower.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 21:46   #22
X-Alt

I use F11 Squad F12 Local....
X-Alt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 22:30   #23
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

I use middle mouse button for local; it is more natural and does not affect movement at all.

And H for squad radio.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 23:04   #24
Kothra

I used to use MMB for local but at the time it was awkward and required much more pressure the any other key to keep down. And the way I used it kept me from clicking LMB at the same time.
Kothra is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 00:21   #25
Death!
Supporting Member

Mouse 3 (scroll press) for squad, mouse 4 (side button) for local.

I think there is no better config than this one.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 14:22   #26
Raklodder
Supporting Member

I use "0" for squad and "Mouse: Button 2" for local communications.

Raklodder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 19:39   #27
Bolshevik

I use 2 side buttons on the left side of my mouse for Squad and Local. I have grown used to it from playing tf2 competitively, so it just comes naturally. I personally think that keyboard binds would mess up my aim more movement wise, as strange as it sounds.
Bolshevik is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 19:57   #28
Wing Walker

Why can't we have voice activated?

I play IL-2 and its a must when in the action. I use Teamspeak for that and I can use voice activation no problem, and it give hands free instant natural communication.

In PR, I've noticed that it would be even more helpful because my keyboard hand is getting totally contorted when I need to do something like move slant wise to the side ready to shoot.

Trying to hold the crouch key, forward key, and the side move key all the wile trying to also hit the key for talking when I need to talk, and hopefully I don't need to whip out a grenade or something else in an instant.

Generally not a huge concern but it comes up. My mouse only selects weapons, zooms, and fries.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 20:08   #29
xambone

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.A.Sharps View Post
Why can't we have voice activated?

I play IL-2 and its a must when in the action. I use Teamspeak for that and I can use voice activation no problem, and it give hands free instant natural communication.

In PR, I've noticed that it would be even more helpful because my keyboard hand is getting totally contorted when I need to do something like move slant wise to the side ready to shoot.

Trying to hold the crouch key, forward key, and the side move key all the wile trying to also hit the key for talking when I need to talk, and hopefully I don't need to whip out a grenade or something else in an instant.

Generally not a huge concern but it comes up. My mouse only selects weapons, zooms, and fries.
Get a new mouse. I have a Logitech MX510 the early version to the best selling mouse of all the time the MX518... My old MX510 cost $30 and has two side buttons and a clickable mouse wheel. I use Mouse wheel for Squad mumble and others for TS3 and local.

Using mouse keys to talk is so 2013. Get with the times.

Voice Activation? Nothing is more distracting than hearing people breathing or their spouse/mom yell at them or someone else in the world. Also TV in the back ground...come on voice activation really...
Last edited by xambone; 2013-07-26 at 20:12.. Reason: forgot to make fun about voice activation
Old 2013-07-26, 23:24   #30
Kevokpo

I use the "power" button to speak in squad and "sleep" to speak in local
Kevokpo is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
ala, key, local, mumble, overlay, preference