project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2013-11-03, 23:56   #21
Gracler

Default Re: Assistant gunner kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAAN4 View Post
the amount of this kits to be deployed in the same time, must be the same number of the of HAT kits and AA kits, if i am not wrong this will be four Auxiliary Gunner kits in each team.
On a server with more than 24 players you got 2 AA kits and 1 HAT by default.
Gracler is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 07:47   #22
Heavy Death

Unneeded. Assign Rifleman members to those kits in need of ammo.

Lel, herpz derpz, this is PR with requestable kits, so we MUST USE THEM ALL IN SQUAD, ONLY ONE RIFLEMAN!
When you figure out that rifleman is one of the best kits ingame, then you know how valuable they actually are.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 20:11   #23
matty1053

Quote:
how can be lone wolf increased when the suggestion is about kits that need two man teams
one gunner and other auxiliary gunner?

I Already suggested this before, and i am impressed that this suggestion is now be talked again. since all this time.

I don,t know if in real life Anti tank infantry walks in two man teams, one gunner and one auxiliary gunner, but i still favor the suggestion anyway.

i also stay in favor of the kit still have scope, since the second role of the Auxiliary Gunner is to protect the Anti tank infantry, and if possible protect it so well that the AT infantry men will be always whit the anti tank gun in hand. also smoke grenades will be need to do such role. yet i am in favor of no frag grenades,

the amount of this kits to be deployed in the same time, must be the same number of the of HAT kits and AA kits, if i am not wrong this will be four Auxiliary Gunner kits in each team.

sorry be my English and regards

Srry.
My bad about the 'lone wolf'.

So it would be 2 man locked squads 24/7 or 2 guys by enemy main waiting for assets to roll out.

Mootrah would be unplayable...
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-04, 23:40   #24
HAAN4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
Srry.
My bad about the 'lone wolf'.

So it would be 2 man locked squads 24/7 or 2 guys by enemy main waiting for assets to roll out.

Mootrah would be unplayable...
no problem man
HAAN4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-05, 00:39   #25
matty1053

Quote:
no problem man
But you get what I am saying right?

I think it would be constantly...

(Mutrah example)

"Heli Pilot take us to A6. (On the mtn.)"
"Copy"
*the 2 guys get off, one w/ HAT kit and one with A.G.*

Up the entire round. Killing APC's and such.

Round ends..

39-0 finished w/ HAT kit.

I think it will lead toward that though.

I'd rather have a Rifleman get ammo bag x2.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 12:28   #26
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Unneeded. Assign Rifleman members to those kits in need of ammo.

Lel, herpz derpz, this is PR with requestable kits, so we MUST USE THEM ALL IN SQUAD, ONLY ONE RIFLEMAN!
When you figure out that rifleman is one of the best kits ingame, then you know how valuable they actually are.
this. alot.

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 04:33   #27
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

I dont see what difference an assistant gunner kit will make in this situation. If the current problem is that their bags are being dropped for other purposes i don't see how this assistant gunner kit would change that. this seems like a situation that calls for better squad communication, command, and planning.

1) Communication Rifleman should always report when they've thrown down a bag and ensure everyone knows. that way a squad leader can keep track of how many bags are still available within the squad. doesn't really matter who has them but he should be able to count 3 riflemen in the squad 2 used, one left.

2) Command, a SL should give commands in the regards of using the ammo bags. for example he can say that no one is to drop ammo bags for random blues or to use them willy nilly just for a few magazines. He should also, after a firefight, ask of his squad members to report how many mags are remaining per person and decide whether or not ammo bags need to be used and how many. that way you dont have all 3 riflemen drop their bags for something a single bag bag would've been enough for.

3) Planning, having used up a significant amount of ammunition, the SL should determine if any ammo bags were used, how many he has left, or how many will need to be used. Having done so he should plan for a resupply, and either requisition supplies to be transported to them or otherwise fall back to a location where ammunition can be acquired.

now i know i mention the SL multiple times but these are tasks that go beyond the command structure. As individual players it is your responsibility to keep track of your equipment status and report any shortcomings to your SL so that he can account for them and make decisions accordingly. Considering the gunner only has 3 boxes of ammo that becomes all the more important.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-26, 17:12   #28
Gracler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringerof_D View Post
2) Command, a SL should give commands in the regards of using the ammo bags. for example he can say that no one is to drop ammo bags for random blues or to use them willy nilly just for a few magazines. He should also, after a firefight, ask of his squad members to report how many mags are remaining per person and decide whether or not ammo bags need to be used and how many. that way you dont have all 3 riflemen drop their bags for something a single bag bag would've been enough for.
I agree pretty much with all the things you mention, but I just wanna point out that the way the resupply system works in BF2 makes for some unrealistic but beneficial behavior when it comes to resupplying effectively.

If you have 1 rifleman he is able to resupply a few mags. for free as long as he didn't spend any ammo himself, so he can pick-up his bag after throwing it.

If you have 2 or more riflemen the best option is to dedicate a supply hot spot where they all drop there bags at the same time and then all pickup a new bag right away. Now the squad has "free" ammo to consume that remains on that spot.

As long as Riflemen don't spend a lot of there own ammo like using there grenades or field dressing, then they can easily reuse there own ammo-bag.

Now like I mentioned earlier if you added an Assistant gunner kit this could be done with 1 single kit making it the ultimate unlimited ammo kit which would be rather stupid for PR. The current system is already border-lining unlimited ammo, although a lot of people don't know how exactly the supply works.
Last edited by Gracler; 2013-11-26 at 17:25..
Old 2013-11-26, 17:43   #29
IWI-GALIL.556FA
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracler View Post
Now like I mentioned earlier if you added an Assistant gunner kit this could be done with 1 single kit making it the ultimate unlimited ammo kit which would be rather stupid for PR. The current system is already border-lining unlimited ammo, although a lot of people don't know how exactly the supply works.
^Yeh, pretty much

And now, we wait.....
IWI-GALIL.556FA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-27, 07:42   #30
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
But you get what I am saying right?

I think it would be constantly...

(Mutrah example)

"Heli Pilot take us to A6. (On the mtn.)"
"Copy"
*the 2 guys get off, one w/ HAT kit and one with A.G.*

Up the entire round. Killing APC's and such.

Round ends..

39-0 finished w/ HAT kit.

I think it will lead toward that.
Trooper and I do this a lot as it is though. Only works though when we have a friend flying a huey who is an ace pilot.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
assistant, assitant, gunner, kit