project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > PR:BF2 Support
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Support Help and support regarding PR:BF2 installation and in-game issues

Old 2019-11-16, 18:53   #21
sapper1893
Supporting Member
Default Re: Error 1212 and Error 76 Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper1893 View Post
OK I've got 1.5.30 installed why is it tellling me to install 1.5.20? This is a new computer and first action was to install PR. When I installed on my other computer there was no problem so why is this happening now NOT HAPPY
My system is currently on 1.5.3.0 and is asking for 1.5.0.0 I've already done 1.5.1.0 to 1.5.2.0
How far back is this going to ask me to go. I've already done a complete re-install thinking that was the problem then found this link. Need help, I'm not a computer guru so not sure what I am doing.
sapper1893 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 20:22   #22
sapper1893
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper1893 View Post
My system is currently on 1.5.3.0 and is asking for 1.5.0.0 I've already done 1.5.1.0 to 1.5.2.0
How far back is this going to ask me to go. I've already done a complete re-install thinking that was the problem then found this link. Need help, I'm not a computer guru so not sure what I am doing.
OK managed to start it updating then when I get to 1.5.2.0 to 1.5.3.0 and now getting this message and wont let me progress

"62: Access to the path 'C: \program files (86)/project reality\project reality bf2\mods\pr\bin\prlauncher.exe.patchold'is denied"

WTF is this???? Its a brand new computer and this is only thing i have installed!!!!!!!
Last edited by sapper1893; 2019-11-16 at 20:35.. Reason: Typing error
Old 2019-11-17, 03:05   #23
[R-DEV]​ALADE3N
PR:BF2 Developer

Seems like you have no full control over your new pc

ALADE3N is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-17, 13:52   #24
sapper1893
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALADE3N View Post
Seems like you have no full control over your new pc
yes, meaning what?
Old 2019-11-18, 18:51   #25
sapper1893
Supporting Member

Ok, don't know if anyone can help, ideally someone in UK or a UK based DEV I can speak to on phone. PR won't update I keep getting the following every time I try and update. I've got as far as
1.5.2.0 - 1.5.3.0 I think.

[B]Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured. Details are as follows:

Could not load type 'Reality.BF2.Build.Data.PatchFile' from assembly 'Reality.BF2, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Further details can be found in the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reali...\PRUpdater.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Reality.BF2.Build.Data.PatchFile' from assembly 'Reality.BF2, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at PRUpdater.WPF.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel.ApplyP atches(String[] a)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[/code]

I also cant run PR as i get another message

Critical Error: An unhandled exception has occured. Details are as follows:

Could not load type 'Reality.BF2.Build.Data.PatchFile' from assembly 'Reality.BF2, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

Further details can be found in the following file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Project Reali...\PRUpdater.log

Please report this error to the Project Reality Team, and include the log file in your report.

Visit Support Forum

> System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Reality.BF2.Build.Data.PatchFile' from assembly 'Reality.BF2, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at PRUpdater.WPF.ViewModel.MainWindowViewModel.ApplyP atches(String[] a)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
[/code]

Any help would be greatly appreciated. PR is running fine on my WIN7 laptop but not on my new WIN10 laptop, which I bought specifically to play PR
Old 2019-11-21, 13:04   #26
kinghuss1

Hi, I have recently found this game and have installed it for the first time. I have followed the instruction installing all the updates individually and placing them in the folder named downloads. After restarting the launcher and pressing play, it tells me to update. I press update but it still provides the same error saying the files are corrupt. I am running on windows 10. and I have tried with "keep update file" ticked and un ticked. I have also tried 1 file at a time. but I still get the same message. its seems to be trying to download file "1.5.0.0 to 1.5.4.0. it keeps saying file is corrupt.
kinghuss1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 15:04   #27
[R-DEV]Suchar
PR:BF2 QA Lead
PR Server License Administrator

Did you try the manual updating from the first post?

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/uploads/signatures/sigpic98978_4.gif
Suchar is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 15:52   #28
=-=kittykiller2

HAVE YOU TRIED DELETING all the files in documents relating to pr and running as a admin
=-=kittykiller2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-21, 23:44   #29
sapper1893
Supporting Member
Default Problem Solved

Hi all, this is a big shout out to [RCON] SUCHAR who has solved my update and game not running problems via TEAMVIEWER connection. I am now back in the world of PR on my new computer. VERY HAPPY
Old 2020-05-04, 18:21   #30
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: Error 1212, Error 76 and Error 1301 Solution

Added new solution for those with error 1301:
Error 1301 occurs when you cannot reach our servers. Try adding a new DNS entry to your network device:
- Go to Network and Sharing center
- Change Adapter settings
- Press your right mouse button on local area Connection ( your network )
- Go to properties
- Press on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4 )
- Go to properties
- change from '' Obtain DNS server address automatically''
- to '' Use the following DNS server addresses ''
- and enter there 8.8.4.4

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
1212, 76update, error, error76, failed, fixes, solution, update