project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2014-07-02, 21:25   #21
gamma_gandalph

Default Re: Server Admin Poll

my name is gamma_gandalph, not gandolph. Unless there is a gamma_gandolph out there, in which case I say, I am sorry, dear sir and hats off to your great nickname.
Old 2014-07-03, 02:10   #22
RAWSwampFox

Good Evening,

I corrected the spelling on a few admins. Kind of hard writing down information from a scrolling screen at times. I've added a few more admins for more servers.

I may need to add an option to the poll as in something like street sweeper. It's always been my experience that when an admin gets pissed off at a bunch of folks, it doesn't matter who you are (unless your on that short list of close friends), if tomfoolery is going on, they put on their cowboy boots and start putting it up everyone's ass. Had that happen tonight on HOG and haven't been kicked from a server in a LONG LONG time. Will have to find a character from the Andy Griffith show for that option or I might put in a couple of Dukes of Hazard characters.

-SwampFox
Old 2014-07-03, 07:50   #23
matty1053

But I like everyone from the Andy Griffith show!!!!

But, would be nice if you can rate the servers them self.
Old 2014-07-03, 14:38   #24
RAWSwampFox

Good Morning,

I looked at the responses this morning and was please to see that it has gone up to 22.

As per Matty's suggestion, I will work on adding a server feedback poll as well. I might go as far as a clan feedback.

-SwampFox
Old 2014-07-03, 14:39   #25
RAWSwampFox

Good Morning,

Forgot to mention, even though you are required to put in your nickname, it doesn't show everyone what you specifically selected so it is half way anonymous for those of you still skeered.

-SwampFox
Old 2014-07-03, 14:49   #26
bren
Supporting Member

You should have worded reviews not multiple choice ones.
Old 2014-07-03, 16:42   #27
RAWSwampFox

Good Morning,

Well, then it would just get too nasty. There are some choice words I could use for all server admins but I try to refrain from it. Let me put it in a simple phrase.

Admins - self-serving police

Now what I would like to see are some server lawyers because everyone says they have proof when 90% of the time it is just a he said she said. Even photographic proof can be Photoshop'ed.

-SwampFox
Old 2014-07-05, 05:44   #28
RAWSwampFox

Went ahead and edited this post. If you want to see what I originally wrote, see quotes below.

Was able to get a link to the PR Server Feedback forum but am still not seeing it as a direct link on the main page.

-SwampFox
Last edited by RAWSwampFox; 2014-07-05 at 16:37..
Old 2014-07-05, 06:40   #29
bren
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWSwampFox View Post
Good Evening,

It is very interesting that a thread is asking about basic PR rules when the "racism" rule is very ignored in the thread.

I've been playing online games for awhile now even back to Delta Force 1 and Command & Conquer. Those were the two first online games I played back in the mid to late 90's. Every server I have ever played on has always taken a very extremely dim view of racism and that has been a very basic rule across the board. Due to my encounter this evening with this very issue and at least 3 admins in the same squad as the offender with nothing being done, I guess I have nothing to do but change my ratings of some of the admins.

Again, it goes back to what I said earlier, admins = self-serving police - if you ain't scratching their back they will kick your back-side.

-SwampFox
You also need to understand the definition of racism and offensive language. Things get dealt with but not in the eyes of the public on our server, we keep it behind closed doors so the offender isn't publicly humiliated or shamed of and to preserve gameplay value.
Old 2014-07-05, 07:03   #30
Chefmoto1
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWSwampFox View Post
Good Evening,

It is very interesting that a thread is asking about basic PR rules when the "racism" rule is very ignored in the thread.

I've been playing online games for awhile now even back to Delta Force 1 and Command & Conquer. Those were the two first online games I played back in the mid to late 90's. Every server I have ever played on has always taken a very extremely dim view of racism and that has been a very basic rule across the board. Due to my encounter this evening with this very issue and at least 3 admins in the same squad as the offender with nothing being done, I guess I have nothing to do but change my ratings of some of the admins.

Again, it goes back to what I said earlier, admins = self-serving police - if you ain't scratching their back they will kick your back-side.

-SwampFox
You're completely derailing your own thread. If I understand this correctly, you are upset about something that that you perceived as "racist" went unpunished on the FCV server. I can guarantee you that when we witness something that is actually racist happen, that it will be the quickest ban we issue. I can attest to this because the first person I permabanned was due to racist remarks. I'm not going to apologize because we chose not to ban someone due to their use of a slang term in local mumble, when nobody took offense to it. We aren't the morality police, and PR servers aren't normally home to politically correct discussions. Honestly if you can't handle some inappropriate language on a PR server I don't think there is any server that will please you. Now if you'd like to continue this discussion I think there are more appropriate places to take this.
Closed Thread

Tags
admin, poll, server