project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-07-10, 13:19   #21
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Default Re: recording PR: BF2

Quote:
My perfomance is terrible on Fraps
Same for me. Maybe my Fraps version is too old and the new ones have better video compression, but I stopped using it because it killed my fps and the files were way too large.
I'm using Bandicam atm because my graphics card doesn't support Shadowplay.

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-10, 14:05   #22
Colonelbruno
Supporting Member
Default Re: recording PR: BF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchBinFrannottelli View Post
I've been trying out OBS but it records like 1sec of the game then freezes on that picture (which was the opening screen) and only records the sound, is there a solution for this?
In that case you probably have selected the wrong video stream in the "sources" window.
Watch the Youtube Tutorial I linked and there shouldn't be any problems.

You could also have a look @Bandicam. It's easy to use and it has various options of codecs to choose from. But you'll "have" to pay for it, if you want to get rid of a few annoying things. Same with dxtory, but that's a bit more advanced.

If you are getting bad fps with fraps or codecs like "Lagarith Lossless Video Codec", most likely your hdd is too slow, or you are recording on the same hdd, as you play on (that's always not recommended). Fraps is a program, that doesn't compresses your video like the h.264 codec (shadowplay, bandicam, etc.) and therefore has a huge impact on your hdd.
Last edited by Colonelbruno; 2014-07-12 at 17:37..

Tags
bf2, recording