project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-07-24, 00:10   #21
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member
Default Re: Players are still harcoded?

Alot of players still don't realise you have to orientate your body to your head by tapping W or D to correctly place SL markers.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 17:20   #22
Christie.Front.Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
Alot of players still don't realise you have to orientate your body to your head by tapping W or D to correctly place SL markers.
Or that saying "enemy over there" is fucking meaningless without giving coordinates, distance, type of enemy and whether they've seen you or not.
Christie.Front.Drive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 17:42   #23
Brisk187
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
Wow, I was wondering why my markers were off. I wish I knew this earlier.
Brisk187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 18:33   #24
Smegburt_funkledink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbi View Post
I'm a massive cunt
*fixed*

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 21:52   #25
RAWSwampFox

Good Afternoon,

Been reading with some interest in this thread.

Regarding SL markers, I can't place them to save my life but when it comes to area attacks, I am spot on 99% of the time. I thought the dadblame SL markers worked in the same way but nope, they don't and are placed at very random places for me.

Regarding the com chatter, I'm a guilty one of spamming when I'm commander as I would like to keep everyone in the loop and I understand it's annoyance to others and for that, I apologize. When spamming occurs, there is usually an SL who has their panties in a wad that bites and snaps about the spam. Professionalism, etiquette, and any other word you want to fill in here is a two way street. It's like Jeff Foxworth or Bill Engval said about raising kids - scenario - brother hits other brother - father hits kid telling him not to hit. HELLO, we teach others everyday how to treat us.

-SwampFox
RAWSwampFox is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 22:13   #26
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWSwampFox View Post
Regarding SL markers, I can't place them to save my life but when it comes to area attacks, I am spot on 99% of the time. I thought the dadblame SL markers worked in the same way but nope, they don't and are placed at very random places for me.
You have to tap the directional movement keys when placing the markers. They are always placed in the direction you moved last, not where you are looking. The area attack, however, works like an invisible laser that gets projected from your viewpoint and sticks to the first surface it hits
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
harcoded, players