project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-06-16, 18:10   #21
xlShogunlx
PR Server License Administrator

Default Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

Nice job !
xlShogunlx is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 21:44   #22
Neecap

"Old" new player here. Used to play a little back in 2010.
Suddenly the other day by coincidence i saw somebody on a forum mentioning BFPR going standalone, so I promptly downloaded it again. I really like the mumble function! Good job on that one.

As a whole I think this mod is very impressive. Everything from the custom weapon models to the sounds is top notch quality. I love the little details like the character checking the M4 after a reload etc. Also the community so far has been very helpful, I expected to be kicked out of most squads once i professed im a newbie, but nope, havent been kicked out so far, so I think I'm doing fairly well!
Neecap is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-19, 23:11   #23
Ace_Wolf

I'm doing the coop mode for practice, I'm getting the hang of it BUT how do you get a pilot kit? I can't dins it anywhere...I know I don't want to try flying in an online round...but I just want to learn to fly to see if I would like it, but I can't find the pilot kit on the kit screen..
Ace_Wolf is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 10:54   #24
Neecap

Head on over to the crates in the main base and hit T. Then right click "request new kit".
Neecap is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-20, 19:48   #25
Ace_Wolf

It must have been the map I was on, something Bay. I spawned on a carrier and didn't see any crates, course I didn't look everywhere neither.
Old 2015-06-23, 23:45   #26
Tmm

Hi
Complete newbie here. How can I get into a game without getting kicked out of the games I join
Just want to learn how to play.
Cheers
Tmm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 03:00   #27
Ace_Wolf

As a newbie myself, create a coop game and play around there for a bit before getting in a match.
Old 2015-06-24, 04:56   #28
Pink_Panther1996

Hi. Why does it say im not allowed to post new threads??
Pink_Panther1996 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-27, 23:58   #29
TheNirl

Hey there, new guy here. I wanted to share something, and this seems like the place to do it.

After hearing about Squad, I discovered PR was now free. Had never heard of it, always searched for an fps like it, threw away lots of money in the process, and now here I am, backing Squad and having the fun I always looked for in an fps game.

After a couple of days of watching videos, reading all the literature, and severely addictive gaming, I can only thank the veteran community for how well I was received. Generally, counting match for match, I'd say 50% of the time, I met a squad leader who was patient, acknowledged me as a rookie, and helped me to help the team. The other 50% was a silent squad leader. Which means that 100% of all the real squad leaders were extremely helpful, pleasant, and fun (of course, all the other veterans in the squad were too).

I would also like to leave a little message to any veterans that might read this: in more than one match, there were two or three people in my squad who had only been playing for a couple of days, and in more than one match, a helpful squad leader managed to get us to second best squad on the team. I think this speaks volumes of these guys, and it also shows that a rookie isn't necessarily dead weight on the team's back.

Oh, and, after a couple of days of sticking to reviving fallen allies and trying my hardest to tell friend from foe, I finally killed my first two enemies today yay
TheNirl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-28, 00:11   #30
Tmm
Thumbs up Re: [NEW PLAYERS] Welcome to Project Reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Wolf View Post
As a newbie myself, create a coop game and play around there for a bit before getting in a match.
Thanks Ace wolf
Tmm is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
players, project, reality