project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-07-09, 07:07   #21
Black Beret
Retired Military Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M.
The reality mod is sounding really neat, but just a question - if you're removing the aiming crosshairs, how are we meant to hit anything?
Use your weapon's optic or iron sights.
Old 2005-07-09, 12:22   #22
Bleak

Brilliant!!!

Let me know if you need any help testing

Over an out
Old 2005-07-09, 12:57   #23
Gizmo

Damn I hope they get rid of the stupid 'if I hit you with a bazooka at point blank range, I won't die but you will' effect.

And I hope the SA80 is given more punch because it is a very weak gun in this game.
Old 2005-07-09, 14:51   #24
Figisaacnewton

This is very good. One thing: are weapon's accuracies being adjusted in regard to the spread vs recoil thing? As it is now, there is too much spread and too little recoil, and this is all compounded whin in iron sights mode, as the bullets do not go where your gun is aiming, which is very frustrating and urealistic.
Old 2005-07-09, 16:11   #25
JS.Fortnight.A
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Yes this has been taken into account, and adjusted.

Project Reality Operations Lead v0.2-0.3
Old 2005-07-09, 16:34   #26
ir0nside
Default Re: Project Reality Mini-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by requiem

The Dev team at Project Reality has decided to release a Mini-Mod which will be entitled PRMM (Project Reality Mini-Mod). This will bring a significant amount of changes to the current in-game systems. In the purpose of releasing this mod as soon as possible, we are planning the first release of PRMM towards the end of this month, if not earlier.

The standout features are as follows:

- Kill & Hit Indicator removed
- Weapons Damage increased
- Reticles removed
- Parachutes removed
- Adjusted Physics of Vehicles and Characters
.... full Changelog will be released shortly before PRMM.

Furthermore, we will have this mod hosted on our Project Reality Public Server, powered by www.gameservers.net . It will accomodate 32 players and will require you to have the PRMM files installed.

In the meantime, feel free to join our community as well as observe all our work in progress renders. Registered users will also be notified of all updates as soon as they happen.

Community: http://realitymod.com/forum/index.php
This is everything I could have asked for in a mini-mod, and more. I would have been content with just damage/accuracy changes, but this is wonderous. No kill and hit indicators? That is .. astoundingly good. You see artillery in the distance - you can only hope that friendlies were not caught in that, as you hit the dirt from lethal incoming fire (rather than just sprint to cover with near fearlessness).

Le' sigh! A good one.
Old 2005-07-09, 16:54   #27
Tactical Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qla
You can't hit anything with the support weapons as they are now in Bf2.
Untrue - try lying down, scoped. You'll hit SOMETHING. Just today I mowed down about 10 bots on Strike at Karkand in one clip (it was a 32-player mod).

The reality mod is sounding really neat, but just a question - if you're removing the aiming crosshairs, how are we meant to hit anything? My BF2 computer's internet isn't working, so I'm stuck with bots for the time being, but if the bots have computer-generated aiming skills, and I don't have a crosshair, am I at the disadvantage? Or is it meant to encourage scoped kills?

Also, I might suggest tweaking grenade throwing. I find it hard to throw long distances, even when holding down the mouse button (or am I doing something wrong?).
Iron sights is where it's at, think about it, when on the news do you see Marines firing from their hip, they always have the weapon shouldered... By doing this, it encourages more realistic play and teamwork, and less run and gun style play.
Old 2005-07-09, 20:37   #28
Michael M.

But what about firing a grenade launcher, or shotgun? Right clicking will only zoom you in by a tiny amount (without any kind of aiming sight), and it's just as hard as unzoomed. Will you be doing something about this?
Old 2005-07-09, 20:41   #29
Tactical Advantage

I know Requim just stated they have plans for the M203 sights on the Grenade Launcher post, but im sure they will also be adding iron sights to the shotgun, also, could we get some descent sights on the current BF2 pistol, it's like a round dome on the top, no sights.
Old 2005-07-09, 21:10   #30
NYC

I dont think i've ever played a mini mod, so what is it like. Is it like a demo where its just a glimpse if the game? Or is it more? Do we play PR on the BF2 maps?
Closed Thread

Tags
minimod, project, reality, release