project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-07-16, 16:39   #21
Pronck
Supporting Member

Default Re: Useless team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mat552 View Post
If if required more teamwork, more teamwork would be displayed. Since it is not and teams still win without it, it does not require more teamwork. QED.
If everything was so easy as you state in your first sentence life would be much easier. But it ain't.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 11:57   #22
Cassius
Supporting Member

There has been an influx of new players. New players read about how great the game is, but dont have the knowledge to play it in a way that makes it exciting. If you do not want to deal with that look for tags in a server. If you have the impression a lot of em are new Squadlead or go CO.

Seen as you DID go CO, if you are new you should 1. be gratefull there is a CO, 2. do what he says.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
He probably plays on NA servers.... since NA servers have a hardon for insurgency and majority of the time on Insurgency modes in NA servers... players dick around with eachother and it's a kill farm for blufor.

There is a HUGE difference in Insurgency on NA servers vs EU servers. EU servers have much more teamwork and it's usually balanced.

The main suggestion I have for him...

1. Prevent your self from playing on Insurgency game mode

OR

2. Prevent from playing on north American servers on insurgency.
I observed that too. I dont know why but I remember that TG a NA server used to be the gold standard on how to play PR, while European servers struggled with some speaking english and the rest yelling angrily in Russian or Polish at each other.

Now it seems that American servers are a ffest while European players are the ones who put real effort into teamwork braving English with very thick Das accent.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Last edited by Cassius; 2015-07-17 at 12:09..
Old 2015-07-17, 14:19   #23
ron366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
There has been an influx of new players. New players read about how great the game is, but dont have the knowledge to play it in a way that makes it exciting. If you do not want to deal with that look for tags in a server. If you have the impression a lot of em are new Squadlead or go CO.

Seen as you DID go CO, if you are new you should 1. be gratefull there is a CO, 2. do what he says.

I observed that too. I dont know why but I remember that TG a NA server used to be the gold standard on how to play PR, while European servers struggled with some speaking english and the rest yelling angrily in Russian or Polish at each other.

Now it seems that American servers are a ffest while European players are the ones who put real effort into teamwork braving English with very thick Das accent.
1.I'm not so new to this game , i play it for more than 2 years now
2. it's not like that since the standalone release , it was like that for few months now
ron366 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 20:27   #24
HABITUALOFFENDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron366 View Post
1.I'm not so new to this game , i play it for more than 2 years now
2. it's not like that since the standalone release , it was like that for few months now
2 Years is very little, especially if you are a very casual player and I always hear this "No Teamwork" excuse from people who have no real depth to what they are talking about. I mean what? people didnt reply to you as commander? so the team has no teamwork? what exactly is your point? Blufor isnt doing cinematic movie breaching scenes so they have no teamwork?

Standing on a roof with the current Intel system and shooting people and observing enemy movements isnt a bad strategy, it keeps you relatively safe from losing tickets and you gain intel visually and literally. (Cant wait for INS 2.0 Tho)

This whole "PR is about teamwork and no one uses Teamwork" argument always comes from the same people.

The out of touch people, the same people who dont have anyone to play with, or at least anyone whos any good or experienced in the game and themselves are not very good at the game.

These people take a roll or join a squad, and they come to this conclusion based off a very few factors usually they join a squad and no one is telling them how to tie their shoes or no one listens to them when they take a position of power, squadleader/commander.

All these people that cry "No Teamwork" have in common from my perspective is that they are generally bad at FPS games. I feel honestly that PR attracts alot of players who do not do so well in FPS games, and are looking for something that doesnt require "Lightning fast reflexes" so they come to PR and expect "Teamwork" to change their FPS experiences.

Teamwork is the most important part of PR:BF2, but not before being trained or experienced in anyway. A squad of players with zero FPS skill are all counting on eachother based off of Teamwork but no one in the squad can put food on the table.

What I mean is, being a proficient killer in PR is the first thing on your list you should be doing not because you want to get a wicked K/D and brag but more that you boost your odds of coming out alive and helping/saving your squad, you should be able to get a positive ratio and then some in every round whatever you may be doing.

Once you are at that level of play try pushing that same goal for squads you lead or are in. Alot of the time you can really help your squad out with your personal experience by giving suggestions to your squad leader if you are not him. Concerns about your squads safety based on your experiences doing certain things in certain situations can greatly change the outcome of your squads overall proficiency

That being said, once again keep in mind this will depend on how good your squad mates are at the game having and training new players is great but you should not fill a squad full of people who are not ready to fill intricate and important roles. Medic/Light AT. Aim to train 1 or 2 new players in a 8 man squad at the most if not you are all going to get wiped by 1 solo good player and they will have a bad experience and quit PR never to return. (yes I mean that)

A soldier in the military doesnt go into combat without sufficient training in any military in the world, why should you? The best way to gauge this level of "training" you have is your K/D ratio. As I said before its not to brag, its a good suggestion at how well you do and gives a boost to your odds of survival for yourself your squad and in a larger aspect your team.

In short Teamwork is the primary objective of PR:BF2, but Teamwork is like the higher levels of the game. Not everyone is going to take your orders or even listen to you in a PUG server. You should know this and not expect it, alot of the time thos people not replying to you are holding the team up, if you were in the PR Tournament you wouldnt be complaining about lack of teamwork, because everyone there is communicating because its the competitive level of PR, you are just in the PUG level.
Last edited by HABITUALOFFENDER; 2015-07-18 at 20:32..
Old 2015-07-18, 20:49   #25
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

If you're playing alone and you're stuck in a bad team you can always try and follow your own goals and missions for that round. Staying alive while being in cap range, defending a building of strategical importance, etc.

If you want to constantly experience good teamwork you should join a clan...

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-18, 22:49   #26
ron366

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABITUALOFFENDER View Post
2 Years is very little, especially if you are a very casual player and I always hear this "No Teamwork" excuse from people who have no real depth to what they are talking about. I mean what? people didnt reply to you as commander? so the team has no teamwork? what exactly is your point? Blufor isnt doing cinematic movie breaching scenes so they have no teamwork?

Standing on a roof with the current Intel system and shooting people and observing enemy movements isnt a bad strategy, it keeps you relatively safe from losing tickets and you gain intel visually and literally. (Cant wait for INS 2.0 Tho)

This whole "PR is about teamwork and no one uses Teamwork" argument always comes from the same people.

The out of touch people, the same people who dont have anyone to play with, or at least anyone whos any good or experienced in the game and themselves are not very good at the game.

These people take a roll or join a squad, and they come to this conclusion based off a very few factors usually they join a squad and no one is telling them how to tie their shoes or no one listens to them when they take a position of power, squadleader/commander.

All these people that cry "No Teamwork" have in common from my perspective is that they are generally bad at FPS games. I feel honestly that PR attracts alot of players who do not do so well in FPS games, and are looking for something that doesnt require "Lightning fast reflexes" so they come to PR and expect "Teamwork" to change their FPS experiences.

Teamwork is the most important part of PR:BF2, but not before being trained or experienced in anyway. A squad of players with zero FPS skill are all counting on eachother based off of Teamwork but no one in the squad can put food on the table.

What I mean is, being a proficient killer in PR is the first thing on your list you should be doing not because you want to get a wicked K/D and brag but more that you boost your odds of coming out alive and helping/saving your squad, you should be able to get a positive ratio and then some in every round whatever you may be doing.

Once you are at that level of play try pushing that same goal for squads you lead or are in. Alot of the time you can really help your squad out with your personal experience by giving suggestions to your squad leader if you are not him. Concerns about your squads safety based on your experiences doing certain things in certain situations can greatly change the outcome of your squads overall proficiency

That being said, once again keep in mind this will depend on how good your squad mates are at the game having and training new players is great but you should not fill a squad full of people who are not ready to fill intricate and important roles. Medic/Light AT. Aim to train 1 or 2 new players in a 8 man squad at the most if not you are all going to get wiped by 1 solo good player and they will have a bad experience and quit PR never to return. (yes I mean that)

A soldier in the military doesnt go into combat without sufficient training in any military in the world, why should you? The best way to gauge this level of "training" you have is your K/D ratio. As I said before its not to brag, its a good suggestion at how well you do and gives a boost to your odds of survival for yourself your squad and in a larger aspect your team.

In short Teamwork is the primary objective of PR:BF2, but Teamwork is like the higher levels of the game. Not everyone is going to take your orders or even listen to you in a PUG server. You should know this and not expect it, alot of the time thos people not replying to you are holding the team up, if you were in the PR Tournament you wouldnt be complaining about lack of teamwork, because everyone there is communicating because its the competitive level of PR, you are just in the PUG level.
As I said , i'm not SO new , I know how to use all the kits in the game and I have a good FPS skills ( not trying to brag , just so you know ), plus I am a
Infantry soldier in IDF in real life so the basics of the fighting i already know , but you missed the point of this post , i'm not talking about me , i'm talking about that people just don't use their mic and go lonewolf / do nothing to win the game , it feels like they're just waiting for nothing and have no idea what they're doing .
Currently I dont have the time to join a clan because of the army , soon i'll have more time and I will probably look for one , I finally understood that you must have a clan to have a proper game experience..
ron366 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 03:17   #27
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassius View Post

YES. TG was the shit and literally haven't had one bad round on it. I was on this week on NA servers and had a couple good rounds on one server out of the 3 i played on.

It still comes down to the server your on. If admins were not as nice as they are now, and didn't sleep in bed with certain clans.... the gameplay would be very good. (I'm sure you know what server(s) I am speaking about lol).

-I have had plenty of rounds where clans are split up and balanced not hogging assets every round. And those were some bloody good rounds.
-I have had too many rounds where clans/certain group of players hogged the assets and didn't communicate.

I have been in clans before... ones that were all open minded and communicated to death with the entire team. And ones that only peep once to blame a certain squad.

To tell you the truth ron.... you can blame the server admins for majority of the rounds that are useless teams. This weekend I had 2 rounds straight that my team was full of Rookies (Excluding me and my friend) and the other team had about 5 clans... and all veteran players. (I recognized most non clan players). Insurgency is the worst mode to have useless teams.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-20, 07:47   #28
Mully

The issue with teamwork at the moment is not a community issue; it's a server and time issue. Specifically for me (US East Coast player), I know that on weekdays between 12AM EST and 7PM EST, I'm not going to find the experience I'm looking for on most servers located near me. Squads will not be working with other squads. Heavy assets will be off doing their own things. There will likely be two sniper squads with a bunch of a players that didn't read the manual. Bad stuff.

However, I know that between 7PM EST and 12AM EST, I will likely find a server, team, and squad that is looking to have a similar experience I want to have: teamwork, short and specific squad chat, squad members who have excellent knowledge of weapons and vehicles, and a ruthless demeanor towards the other team with a sprinkling of idiocy.

Unfortunately, a large number of new players are not looking for what I consider the pinnacle of multiplayer shooters because they're either too ignorant, too lazy(don't read the manual), expect someone else to recreate what they've seen in videos for them with little participation, or too single-minded (by creating LEET squads).

The scary fact is, is that most of these new players will also be playing Squad by next year. Hundreds, or possibly thousands of players who are completely disinterested in learning the nuances of these types of games and communicating with other players. Project Reality is a great game, but it comes down to the players, and for most of the day, at least to me, the ignorant players are the middle school garage band that drown out the beautiful orchestra of teamwork that is created between 7PM and 12AM EST.
Last edited by Mully; 2015-07-20 at 07:58..
Old 2015-07-20, 17:48   #29
Sergeant.Roland.

I always have been thinking that when you play PR in "casual servers" it's like when you and a bunch of guys and friends play a match of soccer or paintball in a saturday afternoon; everyone play as individuals not a team. I think that's the challenge for Squad Leaders, that their teammates "feel the momentum"...
Sergeant.Roland. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-21, 03:27   #30
fatalsushi83

Mully has a good point. The server and time is a huge factor. I usually play on PRTA LA from around 6:00 AM Japan time (around 6:00 PM US east coast time, I think) and the teamwork is usually quite good. Last time I played every single squad was talking and coordinating on AAS. At other times, though, its insurgency over and over again with almost no teamwork. So, yes, definitely think about what time you play and on what server.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
team, useless