project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Feedback Post your feedback on the current Project Reality release (including SinglePlayer).

Old 2016-06-08, 10:20   #21
LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Air supremacy fighters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
does that mean if they trow out their bombs they will turn better and all other jets will have this feature as well? otherwise is a step back, just let the jets flying at their best (no bomb loads or any other extra load)
The engine doesn't allow changing turn rate dynamically based on bombs dropped, afaik.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 15:44   #22
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]LiamBai View Post
The engine doesn't allow changing turn rate dynamically based on bombs dropped, afaik.
In some very special cases it could be done via python(pr opressor).

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 17:43   #23
LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Can we make it so that the more kills you have the slower your jet turns?

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-08, 19:05   #24
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Yes, but again - only under very specific conditions, it will be quite load of python hardcode, etc.

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 05:54   #25
DogACTUAL

So i tried out Tthe MIG29 ASF on HP.

It turns slower than the eurofighter and the tornado (and the harrier on SR), it literally has no advantage over them, it is inferior in every regard.

Doesn't take an expert to see that it needs a buff in some form, be it turn speed or more aa missiles.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 11:04   #26
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

If anything, the MIG-29 needs a nerf. Just because it is ASF doesn't mean that it is better than any other jet out there, especially not better in turning than the eurofighter.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 21:06   #27
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
If anything, the MIG-29 needs a nerf. Just because it is ASF doesn't mean that it is better than any other jet out there, especially not better in turning than the eurofighter.
I think you are confusing the MEC MIG 29 with the russian MIG 29 ASF which have both totally different flight characteristics for whatever reason.

The russian MIG 29 is indeed outturned by the eurofighter ingame, test it yourself on HP.

My argument is AGAIN, that the russian MIG 29 ASF is in every way inferior to the jets it is up against on the maps it is featured in, other than maybe the amount of aa missiles in SR when up against the Harrier GR9.
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 23:49   #28
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

I know they have different handling for whatever reason or bug but IMO any MIG29 should have the handling of the russian MIG29. A MIG29 shouldn't be able to out turn a Eurofighter.

Old 2016-06-16, 00:50   #29
DogACTUAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickLA_CA View Post
I know they have different handling for whatever reason or bug but IMO any MIG29 should have the handling of the russian MIG29. A MIG29 shouldn't be able to out turn a Eurofighter.
Fair enough, even though the MIG 29 is one of the most manouverable jets irl and said to even outturn many modern jets in a close range 1v1 dogfight (bvr is another story), but do you really think a tornado or a harrier should be able to outturn the MIG 29 too?

Because that is what they do atm.

Also my main point is to give the MIG29 something else to be worthy of its ASF designation, preferably 2 more close range aa missiles.

Right now the normal multi role fighters have the same amount of aa missiles equipped but get 2 additional bombs without sacraficing any manouverablity (thanks BF2 engine), it would be nice to have weaponry that is more specialized for the ASF role, so the name actually carries any meaning.

If that is for some unknown reason not acceptable for the devs they should just give us a normal MIG29 with two bombs imo.
Last edited by DogACTUAL; 2016-06-16 at 04:49..
Old 2016-06-16, 12:29   #30
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Well a possible workaround can be to remove the long range AA missiles from the jets on the enemy team and the ASF will get its perk.

Tags
air, fighters, supremacy