project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
16 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2017-01-13, 10:02   #21
LiamBai
PR Tournament Admin
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Reduce CAS helicopters gun deviation or increase splash radius/damage

Not to mention the cross hair is actually below the target most of the time anyway.

Liam: $ mkdir .ssh && chmod 700 .ssh
Vista: $: command not found
LiamBai is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 13:52   #22
viirusiiseli
Banned
Default Re: Reduce CAS helicopters gun deviation or increase splash radius/damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]LiamBai View Post
Not to mention the cross hair is actually below the target most of the time anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You do realize he's flying forward in a game that doesn't have stablised gun systems, right? Of course the shots will look angled if you position yourself differently.
Sure looks like drop to me

Also, the overheats don't actually work for the game. It's too constrictive, results in having to fire semi-auto with the autocannon

And I guess unrealistic too

AH1 guncam
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 14:41   #23
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Never said they didn't. I should've phrased it as "the shots will look more angled than they actually are if you keep moving fortward". Also, ingame deviation adds to this.

Stop sounding like you're off by a mile, at worst it's 2.5 meters(drop+maximum deviation) at 800m.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is online now Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 16:32   #24
[R-DEV]​rPoXoTauJIo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viirusiiseli View Post
Testing firing on surface that's being non perpendicular to cannon is a way to go to misinterpret drop values.
Quote:
And I guess unrealistic too
AH1 guncam
Hmmmm, many thanks for video, perhaps based on this we should increase deviation a lot more than expected initially based on feedback on helicopter cannons aswell as introduce wireguided target system for missiles

assetruler69: I've seen things you smurfs wouldn't believe. Apaches on the Kashan. I watched burned down tank hulls after the launch of the single TOW. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to give up and respawn.
rPoXoTauJIo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-13, 19:01   #25
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Doesnt to me

The gun shoots below the crosshair and always has. In your video you pretty much only show the deviation, which did not change for quite some versions now.

Overheating did not change on choppers at all since 2009. Will check the ones that got ROF buff if they need adjusting.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 07:51   #26
Jagira

You're firing with the gravity.
Jagira is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 10:53   #27
Jacksonez__

It's the PR oppressor that's messing shit up with Viirusiiseli.
Jacksonez__ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 00:57   #28
Murphy

@Mats

I'm assuming you removed deviation from your video? Otherwise I'm left wondering how anyone ever misses a shot...
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-17, 13:03   #29
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Overheating did not change on choppers at all since 2009. Will check the ones that got ROF buff if they need adjusting.
Didn't say they changed did I? I said they don't work. When using cannon, you get to that awkward point where you need to start shooting semi-auto to avoid hitting that limit where the cannon wont magically work anymore. Just like real life ey
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-28, 06:57   #30
DogACTUAL

On a different note, is it possible to fix the tiger attack helicopter, so that it can recover from dives and can actually land normally like other helicopters without flipping?
DogACTUAL is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
cas, deviation, gun, helicopters, increase, radius or damage, reduce, splash