project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2019-05-03, 12:38   #21
VTRaptor
Default Re: PRstats site idea

What's the point of comparing someone who is a gunner in assets and the people playing as insurgents? How do you compare asset drivers, trans pilots or commanders to others? How do you compare medic to AR? How do you compare a clan playing on the objectives and bunch of fucks whoring for kills everywhere but not on said objectives? This is not CS, but a combined arms game where every role is different and without taking these factors into account, the whole thing becames meaningless for the most people with exceptions of those who care and brag about their fat K/Ds, which was annoying as we already had that and guess what, a single person had more kills than any active clan.

Big no no.
VTRaptor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 01:11   #22
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTRaptor View Post
What's the point of comparing someone who is a gunner in assets and the people playing as insurgents? How do you compare asset drivers, trans pilots or commanders to others? How do you compare medic to AR? How do you compare a clan playing on the objectives and bunch of fucks whoring for kills everywhere but not on said objectives? This is not CS, but a combined arms game where every role is different and without taking these factors into account, the whole thing becames meaningless for the most people with exceptions of those who care and brag about their fat K/Ds, which was annoying as we already had that and guess what, a single person had more kills than any active clan.

Big no no.
Yeah you are completely right
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 11:01   #23
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

An indepth statistics page could be made to show stats that matter, like most use kit, most teamkills, favourite method of killing, favourite vehicle, etc.

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-04, 11:50   #24
fenriz9000
Supporting Member

we dont need compare cas gunner with insurgent and medik with ar. This is different content and should be process differently. One player can be a gunner and other player can be a gunner too. This is similar content and it can be compared (if you need to compare) - but as for me, I just want to know my stats for different kits, different maps, k/d ratio, accuracy, etc.
fenriz9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-05, 00:54   #25
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenriz9000 View Post
we dont need compare cas gunner with insurgent and medik with ar. This is different content and should be process differently. One player can be a gunner and other player can be a gunner too. This is similar content and it can be compared (if you need to compare) - but as for me, I just want to know my stats for different kits, different maps, k/d ratio, accuracy, etc.
If your parsing data from Tracker files you can literally state, this is his K/D when using vehicles, this is his infantry KD.

Old 2019-05-05, 05:15   #26
fenriz9000
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFG View Post
If your parsing data from Tracker files you can literally state, this is his K/D when using vehicles, this is his infantry KD.
parsing json files from pr tracker is useless, because it not gives any details. It provides some summary stats, but it is not enough data to create detailed statistics based on this. From my perspective the only way is to create stats server where bf2 core engine can send statistics like vanilla.
fenriz9000 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 04:02   #27
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

You can see what weapon, kit, people get kills with in the PRTracker json file.

Old 2019-05-06, 05:18   #28
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Just parse the tracker files themselves. Already done.

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 08:27   #29
Wicca
Supporting Member

What about just having a win ratio being tracked and average on time spent in each match?

Don't track deaths or kills, just track how many times you win a round, it might make it less cancerous?

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-06, 10:19   #30
UncleSmek

I Think there might be a point to that Wicca, maybe it can encourage people to play on flags aswell
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
idea, prstats, site