project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-02-13, 21:10   #21
sgt.maze2
Default Re: Recoil control

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
I'm not worried if it helps you, but A. Its a realistic representation of firearms, and B. it could possible change laser auto guns to have a bit more bounce.
I agree with you completely, the video of the m4 shows a more realistic representation:
https://youtu.be/HDkD57sLtBA

Maybe some tweaks to the current recoil wouldn't be a bad thing.
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-14, 11:52   #22
mebel
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
GBOR from the way I perceive it works by pulling the crosshair back halfway towards the original position eg. if the gun recoil rolled 2° up and 1° right, after moving to 2° up and 1° right the game moves the crosshair to 1° up and 0.5° right compared to the position from where you shot. This recoil compensation takes longer the higher the recoil(Could be wrong! It felt that way to me during testing.), so in the low-recoil enviroment of 0.98 it looks as though it goes back to the original position completely and rather quickly which it actually does not*.

I asked Alon or Mats(maybe both?) if GBOR can be changed, altered or reduced and the answer was the nightmare of all PR suggestions: Hardcoded.
So despite of being hardcoded yet it's still not that bad. My first suggestion would to add more horizontal recoil, that would be compensate by GBOR, to fit my idea from my previous post of moving crosshair vertically back to its original level.
mebel is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-15, 20:09   #23
Murphy

Being able to hit targets at 600m+ has to do with how projectiles act as well as the mechanic brought up in this topic. The lack of gravity means you can unrealistically predict where your rounds will land, this is not something the average shooter is capable of but I am unsure of using the lack of a reset as the main culprit (it does play a part in lining the shot up, but once you pull the trigger magic happens).

I fear this would muddy the waters for shooting and that is something PR does quite nicely, even if it can use improvement are we sure this is the call? Squad actually had this feature and removed it a while ago, the reset made shooting much more difficult if that is the goal. Caution should be exercised when gun play is being discussed, we saw what happened with the last major overhaul...
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-24, 02:53   #24
sgt.maze2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
GBOR from the way I perceive it works by pulling the crosshair back halfway towards the original position eg. if the gun recoil rolled 2° up and 1° right, after moving to 2° up and 1° right the game moves the crosshair to 1° up and 0.5° right compared to the position from where you shot. This recoil compensation takes longer the higher the recoil(Could be wrong! It felt that way to me during testing.), so in the low-recoil enviroment of 0.98 it looks as though it goes back to the original position completely and rather quickly which it actually does not*.

I asked Alon or Mats(maybe both?) if GBOR can be changed, altered or reduced and the answer was the nightmare of all PR suggestions: Hardcoded.

*side note I forgot to add earlier when replying to Rabbit on why I see GBOR as more of a hindrance than help:
Any decent PR player can pull down his crosshair back on target quicker by himself than GBOR will do for him(that is to say, if you're close enough to the target that it does that for you). So as opposed to helping you with quick shot alignments you actually tend to overcompensate because the backswing will not have fully completed while you're already back on target. So the game still moves your crosshair. I can't say for certain if you can force yourself to not compensate as much so that it becomes a non-issue after adjusting yourself to behave this way. To me this feels really awkward, so I personally just prefer one movement I have to compensate for over two.
how did u change GBOR ? i keep going to the files in objects weapon server files and i open recoil then handheld. I change GBOR to 1 but idk how to save them so they are applied to the game
sgt.maze2 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
control, recoil