project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-09-10, 19:28   #21
Graysun
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality is killing itself. From a fellow asset whore point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter291 View Post
Ur clan was hacking lmao and you are talking about pr killing itself.
2 people out of like 20? I don't micromanage people and its not like they were openly telling all of us they were hacking. Funny though how virus was going after you specifically because other hackers know who else is hacking it seems .
Graysun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:32   #22
Graysun
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality is killing itself. From a fellow asset whore point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
You'll find people stop being condescending the moment an upstart like yourself stops trying to tell them how this show has to be run.
Tell them? nono I think you meant "tell me".
Old 2018-09-10, 19:36   #23
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysun View Post
Tell them? nono I think you meant "tell me".
You should stop avoiding the post by Rhino and start properly discussing it if you want to truly get your point across.

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:38   #24
KillJoy[Fr]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
And most importantly, the game is OLD, there is no possible way to attract a new audience.
Actually, no.

PR does attract new players since it's been detached from BF2 and made free.

Of course, don't expect 500 new players each month. We are talking just about a dozen which is pretty good for a game released 14 years ago.
KillJoy[Fr] is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:40   #25
Graysun
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
You should stop avoiding the other posts by the devs and start properly discussing them if you want to truly get your point across.
Which are you referring to, I am happy to discuss all. I didn't type 1000 words to not.
Old 2018-09-10, 19:40   #26
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysun View Post
Which are you referring to, I am happy to discuss all. I didn't type 1000 words to not.
Rhino's post. https://www.realitymod.com/forum/sho...85#post2191385

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-10, 19:46   #27
Veterans-Gaming

Do you have any suggestions or solutions to offer, or is this just commentary on what you do not enjoy about Project Reality these days?

You state many opinions that were replied to with some degree of correction, and given that (if you have read these replies), do you have any corrections to your opinions or counterpoints on what was said?

Not sure if there are any other games that can compare to the history of the PR Mod of BF2, as it has not had direct contenders or competitors like, for example, the history of the Falcon 4.0 mods from SuperPak through Free Falcon and eventually to the "winner", BenchmarkSims. (pic of concurrent/competing Falcon mod projects: https://www.gluefox.com/flygsim/F4history.pdf )

As someone who promotes a community of teamwork based gameplay in combined arms style wargames, I personally find it hard to take seriously such opinions coming from the stated perspective of a PR player who literally refuses to play a different role in the game when not getting the asset role they prefer, as you said, "afk all game because you didn't get your asset again then come back next game from being afk and dont get your asset again you start getting mad", meaning you will occupy a slot that a person who could be actually playing the game should have access to in a petulant protest against not getting to play with your favorite toy. I do not mean to be rude, but this is how that statement comes across. This is disregarding efforts to "seed" a server to grow it's current player base for a period - sitting and doing nothing for the above reasons just seems petty as there are many entertaining roles to play in PR... but I guess that's just "my" opinion, and I don't mean to counter your valid opinions with my own.

I can sympathize - I enjoy the crazy races in GTA V Online, and so any updates or changes to them literally affect my entire experience of that game, even though it's just a portion of the whole game like certain vehicles are in PR - a part of the whole experience, but not all of it. But you say these things as if there used to be a time when anyone who wanted to get their CAS action on had no serious competition to claim that asset in any given round or on any given server -- and this is stated by you during a time that is admittedly lower in overall population than the "golden age" of PR days past you so fondly compare to. It's always been a first come, first served claim process on most every server, and that is not different today - any specific examples of a server doing otherwise would be just that, overly specific examples not equal to your general statement about the difficulty of getting one's favorite asset in a round.

I just wonder of you have any insights into what could possibly change about PR that would stop it from "killing itself" or how a combined arms game could cater more to both vehicle regulars and infantry regulars alike?

I only ask if you'd reply to that because, contrary to your opinions, the developers of this game are chosen from the player base itself and from those demonstrating ability and willingness to learn and put in the time and effort, and new contributors and developers are not shunned by some clique of haters. Like any team, care is taken in selecting new members including security concerns as well as skill or the ability to work well with the team. None of those are exclusive in any detrimental way, it's how most groups or businesses work.

I'm fairly proud that another one of the VG guys has been able to demonstrate these qualities and is now working on a team to help make his ideas to improve parts of this game into a reality. There is your regular player who is not merely some friend of the Devs who now has RCON tags. He's not alone, but that's my example from our group - he wasn't an asset whore, he's an infantry guy, for the record. It all gives me hope that this Dev team still has an open door policy for those trustworthy individuals willing to put their money where their mouth is regarding proposed improvements to this game.

So I ask if you have any real suggestions or ideas to help this very awesome game?
Last edited by Veterans-Gaming; 2018-09-10 at 19:51..
Old 2018-09-10, 20:35   #28
Graysun
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mectus11 View Post
Posting from my phone, saving the big responses for when I get home this afternoon. Absolutely not avoiding anything and am thankful a dev took the time to read and give some detailed responses, not some witty one liner.
Old 2018-09-11, 10:11   #29
GAJAN

I must say that admins which they are out of hands of DEV how rhino said are thise which they kill servers and people (not noobs/starters). I play this game for a year and half and I fell like I played it a lot more. Why? Probably but just probably I am the one of those people which wanted play each thing in this game. I was person like I wont use anything until I learn and probably very rare player. When I started playing this you were able to play whatever you want cause normal admins were setting 4km maps on 80-100 players non-stop. Noone was complaining except thise INS people. Admins were looking for suggestions and add them, what compared to today they ask for suggestions and add something what they want usually 2km at full srv. That makes people like me being mad, why do we have to play f****** 2km at full srv. And I leave the server. Problem is I am not only, there is a lot of people which they want to play bigger maps and leave cause they cant get the old PR. Noone of my friends which when I ask to play dont want to play because of seeing that stupid 1 or 2 km maps. Few of my friends deleted game just cause of this. Not only problem but mainly.
GAJAN is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 10:34   #30
Filamu
Supporting Member

Gajan, there is nothing wrong with 2Ks on a full server. Sure, 1Ks can't be played, but 2Ks usually offer better inf gameplay due to more cover and more detailed areas.

Asset whores of course prefer 4Ks, but if you really think that you wouldn't lose players if only 4Ks were played on full servers you are sadly mistaken. Old PR mostly had 1Ks and 2Ks, only 4K map was Kashan. You can't really talk about "old PR" when you have played for a year.

Of course a balance is needed. As an inf player I'll play a 4k map here and there, especially if they are made so that inf actually can move around (I.e not bijar), the same way an asset player have to accept to go a little closer on a 2K.
Filamu is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
asset, fellow, killing, point, project, reality, view, whore