project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
03 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2018-10-16, 06:06   #21
Wicca
Supporting Member

Default Re: The Great Project Reality Timeline

Project Reality really has had some great servers, starting up and dying down. It would certainly be nice to receive an overview of both the player population in the last 10 years, along with which servers were active, and potentially how many servers they boasted.

I can understand how that might be difficult however, since it's probably not something stored anywhere, except perhaps recently. You could ask mats for it?

Good job deviro, I really want to thank you for doing this, it puts my mind at ease knowing the correct history of this community I have been a part of for so long.

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 06:58   #22
Heavy Death

The amount of servers and which communities ran them at which times is of course a part of PR history, but doesn't really fit with the objectivity and mod-focused timeline. That should better fit in the PR documentary where he can interview people who were responsible for that, like you Wicca. You can mention our great community and have some self-promotion there. Wicca.
Heavy Death is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 07:22   #23
[R-DEV]​mectus11
PR:BF2 Developer

lmao

Anyway, good work Deviro I've been reading it in chunks since there's a lot to read but yeah good work

mectus11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 10:21   #24
Deviro
PR:BF2 QA Tester
Supporting Member

On the topic of "PRTA bias" and other communities:
  1. As I said in the documentary announcement - this project is not affiliated with PRTA or Foxtrot or the developers or any community I'm part of.
  2. The reason why there's so many mentions of PRTA on the timeline is because it's a well documented and popular server on the PR Forums here. Note that I mostly went through the official channels of the forums here: News, Changelogs, Dev blogs and highlights and Events. That last one was the biggest contributor in PRTA related entries in the Timeline.
  3. I picked the most interesting events from it and how dominant PRTA became in the last several years (in terms of event organizing) shows. The simple truth is I'm not going to include all of the "tactical mumble night" events. It doesn't add much. If you want to argue if there's too many One-Life's, go for it.
  4. All this discussion tells me I need to scour the Server Feedback subforum as well. I'm sure there's a lot of information about old communities out there.
  5. As I pointed out in the Imporant notes at the top of the OP, this Timeline is not complete. If anything it's infinitely expandable, but the info needs to be accessible, non-bias and archivable for it to fit the format I've gone for. There's already enough info out there that is not archiveble (like the Squad announcement in the Off-Topic section, which makes me sad).
Deviro is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 11:47   #25
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

You should mention then that PRTA was the first server to have a mumble requirement.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 12:08   #26
Heavy Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
You should mention then that PRTA was the first server to have a mumble requirement.
Wait holy shit, that almost brings a tear to my eye.
Old 2018-10-18, 17:55   #27
_Fizzco_

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble Alex but that honour goes to RT(Reality Teamwork) i'm pretty sure ^^ Though feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
_Fizzco_ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-18, 18:36   #28
zloyrash
PR Server License Administrator

PRWC 2010 ladder here:

zloyrash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-19, 10:30   #29
Heavy Death

I remember the time... long ago... when 3D ironsights were introduced. Probably the most memorable change in my PR playing history.
Old 2018-10-19, 11:54   #30
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Fizzco_ View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble Alex but that honour goes to RT(Reality Teamwork) i'm pretty sure ^^ Though feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Hmm..My memory fails me at this point. I remember that was one of the 2 servers you could expect mumble on before PRTA, ONE CHANNEL. Some funny moments when you troll the enemies. But I can't actually recall if there was a requirement.

EDIT: Regardless the first server to have mumble requirement deserves a mention.

Last edited by sweedensniiperr; 2018-10-19 at 12:54..

Tags
great, project, reality, timeline