project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-02-12, 17:11   #21
Borsig

the deviation is so high, that if lying prone, or fring from hard cover, it has a good chance of hitting the ground or corner or nearby wall, thus killing you...

You can honestly sit there and tell us thats NOT a bit much?

ok.
Old 2007-02-12, 17:23   #22
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

You can honestly sit there and tell us you would fire an RPG from Prone position In real life?
Old 2007-02-12, 17:23   #23
Wasteland

Damnit, duckhunt beat me to it.
Old 2007-02-12, 17:42   #24
77SiCaRiO77
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]duckhunt
You can honestly sit there and tell us you would fire an RPG from Prone position In real life?
i fire a rpg 7 , in crouch position its easy to hit something in movement from max 200 m (for me ) , i never fire from prone .
Old 2007-02-12, 17:57   #25
Smitty4212

Thanks a million, Duckhunt. I wouldn't've minded seeing ammo dumps on the minimap (unless they are?), for insurgents, I never knew there were so many.

I really think if all the insurgents knew where they were, it would COMPLETELY change the way Al Basrah plays... as it stands, I'd be surprised if most people knew of even one or two of them.

Can't wait to pick up a Grail now...
Old 2007-02-12, 18:01   #26
Wasteland

Thos are where ammo dumps are. You can't request kits there. Though there are some pickup kits somewhere (duckhunt... wanna make us another map??? please???).
Old 2007-02-12, 18:03   #27
duckhunt
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]duckhunt
Grail, PKMs and SVD are at Facility, Industry and Palace. (not marked)
here ya go (these are added to guide)

Last edited by duckhunt; 2007-02-12 at 18:14..
Old 2007-02-12, 18:21   #28
WNxKenwayy

I would recommend at least 1 more grail kit. Unless they up the grail damage/rate of fire whatever.

And by the way, the only way you are hitting a wall with the RPG right next to you probably has more to do with you being to close to the wall in the first place, same happens whether there is deviation or not.

And I can hit APC/Tanks fairly reliably from 100m or less, which is exactly where an insurgent would shoot from. Its EXTREMELY rare for a helo to be taken out by a RPG, even the ones in Black Hawk Down were modified to explode at a certain range and they still shot thousands of them resulting in 3 helo's hit.

Its a realism mod, get used to it.
Old 2007-02-12, 18:54   #29
mrmong
Banned

rpgs need to be a bit more accurate, especially with the super pwn cobras flying about
Old 2007-02-12, 18:59   #30
Wasteland

duckhunt, you are t3h shizzle.

Tags
accuracy, insurgent, reduced, rpg