project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Community Maps
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Community Maps Maps created by PR community members.

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-06, 12:42   #21
Sealights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
Your video does not work for me, and yes I removed the space.

MMM... it should work now!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=go56fxcclwY
Old 2007-03-06, 21:30   #22
Desertfox

no I mean paramedics video
Old 2007-03-06, 22:37   #23
Maistros

No, you need to keep the space but enter it into the address bar.
Old 2007-03-07, 00:28   #24
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertfox
no I mean paramedics video
Sorry Desertfox I have fixed the link to DL directly.... Remember the movie is a couple months old now...
cheers

PMED (a.k.a. PARAMEDIC)
Old 2007-04-24, 03:11   #25
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

WEll i guess its time for an update! We really tried to keep this map real, yet different than what is already out there. I think that we have done this and hopefully the community will enjoy it as much as we do a the DVB.

Everything is pretty well done and we will more than likely put the map in the regular DVB rotation in the next week or so.... So far the feedback has been great! For a 1024X2 map with significant elevations it has great challenges for the pilots! Long and clear view distances for the snipers and armor and the map forces the gamer to think 3 dimensionally instead of one plane.

Some of the community suggestions that have contributed to the overall developement:
  • less control points (decreased to 10, down to eight in the next release)
  • spend more time on the terrain (done, but couold use more talented work in this area, but it still looks good)
  • Increase vehicles and group them better
  • decrease spawnpoints & remove forward spawns
  • make into a night map (there is now a day and night version of archer)
  • expand veiw distance (600m is no the View distance)

Here are are some of the recent shots taken.... Hopefully we will finish and share the map later this week... We will work on it again witht eh release of PR.6&.7 rumour has it great changes are ahead in static's and air vehicles.... (perhaps we will have some help from the PR guys in adding the newer stuff?)

example view distance

the city:

MEC HQ:

flying example:

scenery:

scenery:

plantation:

USMC HQ:

Checkpoint:
Last edited by PARAMEDIC.CA; 2007-04-25 at 22:30..
Old 2007-04-24, 03:15   #26
WNxLT7

Wow I think I just got hard.... Yep
Old 2007-04-24, 03:59   #27
Teek
Supporting Member

wow, nice.
But,there is 2x the amount of vehicles of Basra in half the space....I dont think building would be that close to runways, also A10s tend to roll back when you 'test' the cannon, so a Heli parked next to it is ill-adviced. how is the tank suposed to get out when 3 planes are there? perhaps put the humvee convoy and tanks near the gates and put the cobra there.
And CP names are in 'ALL CAPS WHICH IS ANNOYING' (sorry)

Old 2007-04-24, 04:04   #28
PARAMEDIC.CA
Retired PR Developer

Good advice...

The runways (both sides) are double the length... to take off and landing is not as close to the buildings as it looks.

hmmm.. CAPS eh?... I think its small thing that can be changed easily enough -I had never thought of it...no need to be sorry

"But,there is 2x the amount of vehicles of Basra in half the space...." I dont understand. you mean the at the airport/main base????
Old 2007-04-24, 04:14   #29
Teek
Supporting Member

Quote:
"But,there is 2x the amount of vehicles of Basra in half the space...." I dont understand. you mean the at the airport/main base????
yea, in the last SS, you have 15 vehicles within 40m of each other = total chaos when the round starts.
push the buildings to the fence, so the space is more efficient, you give 4 Humvees the same space as 3 planes and a cobra...

Old 2007-04-24, 12:56   #30
V3N0N_br

Unfortunatelly teek is right, you should reduce a bit the amount of vehicles and maybe adding some in another base. same thing for MEC base, vehicles are behind the runway? IMO it looks a bit vanilly and might be bad for gameplay reasons.
The map visual improved from the first screenshots... specially the mountains ehehe...

Also, you'll probably want to reduce a bit the undergrowth draw distance or it may lag a lot for bad PCs...

Overall, it's looking beautifull. Slight remindal of gazala from b1942 hehe...
Closed Thread

Tags
archer, map, operation, released, wip