project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-22, 19:33   #21
Garabaldi

Quote:
Nothing should happen to players that they are not responsible for or able to avoid.
QFT.

I can't stand deviation or other crap which the player has absolutely no control over.
Garabaldi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 19:55   #22
JL

definately against lowering number of RPGs.. they are plentiful for insurgents 'irl' .. read this entire article.. http://www.strategypage.com/militaryforums/7-964.aspx
JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 20:49   #23
[3rd]Sonders

I said this in the other RPG thread, and ill say it in this one, as its seems to have converted to the same topic.

Well, from my experience of RPG's being shot at me in afghan, they are very innacurate.

I saw an insurgent stand up with his RPG on his shoulder about 70-100m away pointing straight at us, i yell out "RPG!", I turn to shoot, and I see him fire it. About half way from us and him, the RPG just went wild in the air and hit the ground about 15-20m away from us.

From what i undersand, RPG's in the air are very unstable. If they hit an air pocket, they go veering off course like mad.

So, the RPG accuracy in PR is very realistic.

Thats my experience, and my 2 cents.
[3rd]Sonders is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 02:17   #24
JL

well this thread wasn't supposed to be about accuracy, but i linked that article for a specific section on the number of rpg's in Iraq..

Quote:
Until recently RPG-7 was also manufactured by Iraqi state arsenal near Al-Nassiria. Tens of thousands RPG-7s and PG-7 rounds were purchased and produced by Iraq. So far the US troops in Iraq located just a few hundred such weapons.
but it does have some information on accuracy at the bottom, who knows if its true today, as this article is from 1994!
JL is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 07:21   #25
Sekular_Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneak Attack
hahah a RPG wont jam or dud...
I actually just finished reading a book on Operation Anaconda (the assault on the Shahikot valley in eastern Afganistan) and there were several documented accounts of RPG rounds striking the ground within feet of friendly personnel and not detonating, ala a dud round.

You'd need new pants after that
Sekular_Eternal is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, insurgent, rpgs