project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-10-17, 00:15   #21
worst 3

Angry

delete this i ment to edit my first but i quoted
Last edited by worst 3; 2005-10-17 at 00:17..
Old 2005-10-17, 03:49   #22
BlakeJr
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eglaerinion
Warrior is looking awesome guys!

A Kubelwagen is a jeep not a halftrack.
I thought that was kinda obviously wrong, calling the "Kubelwagen" a halftrack considering the picture shows the rear end of a Challenger tank... But thanks for the info!

{ pretty sig removed construction on new one has not begun }
... yet ...
Old 2005-10-17, 11:18   #23
Mad Max

A Jeep is a Jeep. It's a 4 x 4 vehicle, also Jeep is a company, but it's one of those things we call by brand name to mean a certain sort of product, like we call cola's coke (well most of the time), glue sticks pritt-stick (at least in the UK, dunno if they even have it any where else)... anyway you get the idea. And the Kubelwagen is a regular car, it's forward wheel drive I think. So a Kubelwagen is a Kubelwagen!

Oh and those models are looking great. Two observations:

1. Get rid of the bare metal showing through on the Warrior, we NEVER let bare metal show through our paint. Make it an undercoat of Olive paint instead, as all we did with our armour was paint over the Olive with desert tan when we were moving them to Iraq and Afghanistan and so on.

2. It need to be more "yellow". It looks a little washed now (I mean the desert colour). Our paint tends to be bit more vibrant than is shown, and smoother with less bumps, but those are fairly simple things to fix if you have the .psd lying around for it.

It's all coming along nicely now! Keep it up.
Old 2005-10-17, 15:37   #24
OAKside

Wow, you guys are very talented. The day PR 1.0 comes out is going to be quite a day. The renders are absolutely beautiful! Keep it up, we await 0.2!
Old 2005-10-17, 17:45   #25
Tychandrus

I applaud all the efforts that the development team is putting into PRMM. I'll finally have a reason to play Battlefield 2 again (because it's just been collecting dust since Version 1.03 came out).

My sincere thanks go to the team of Project Reality.
Old 2005-10-21, 21:28   #26
Enforcer1975

I hope that the main gun isn't stabalised like on the real Warrior.
Old 2005-11-07, 04:30   #27
Mind Game

well havnt been here in a while. Just noticed what youve done to my challenger Even for such a small pic it's looking great. I miss working with you guys :P Keep up the good work!
Old 2005-11-10, 16:21   #28
Hitperson
Retired PR Developer

nto sure if it has already been said but how good are the brakes on that seeing as that thing can doo serious endoes when it comes to stopping.
Old 2005-11-10, 20:36   #29
Doug97

What are the characteristics of the Challenger II going to be compared to the Abrams? Will it be tougher/weaker, faster/slower etc?
Old 2005-11-10, 21:31   #30
Mad Max

Well, if it's realistic (which is the idea) it'll be tougher, more accurate, have a longer range main gun (not that that matters on the small BF2 maps mind) and will be ever so slightly slower (I believe it's something like 5kph slower than the Abrams, but then they do have jet turbine engines running on aviation fuel whilst the CR2 uses diesel most of the time).
Closed Thread

Tags
news, warrior