project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-07-15, 12:54   #21
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Hmm, would you like to enage in a firefight, where the enemy is 500 m away and his body is 10x smaller than your ironsight?

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 12:57   #22
Jonny

We already have that don't we, it's called the M-16.
Jonny is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 12:59   #23
El_Vikingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrelson
in the game firefights last 10 sec. in real life it lasts 2 hours. it takes more than 1 magazine from your m4 to kill someone. and by the way, this game seems to have dropped "supressing fire on enemy positions"

IRL, people don't spam you with hundreds of grenades then rush onto you like they didn't give a **** and then spray you with full auto.

OR.....

IRL peoplez don't haX!!
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 13:05   #24
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz
Hmm, would you like to enage in a firefight, where the enemy is 500 m away and his body is 10x smaller than your ironsight?
Yes
Wolfe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 13:21   #25
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe
Yes
Good, because I wouldnt.

And whoever said, that vBF2 accuracy caused more firefights, is wrong or has forgot, how vBF2 plays

In vBF2, everyone nade spammed and used snipers at targets further than 50 m, because you couldnt kill shit with the normal rifles, plus supresion didnt work.
IN PR, you see a M249 beign fired at you - you crap yourself and take cover. In vBF2, you just looked at the guy, thought "nice barrel effects" and shot him in the face, because the shity MGs didnt scare anyone...

Old 2007-07-15, 13:24   #26
Gangrene

I think lack of suppression and fear in any game is part of the accuracy issue. In real life, I'd be a bit nervous taking aim on advancing enemy. If the enemy was firing on me, I would fear for my life and my accuracy would suffer. I think if the only thing I had to fear in real life were a short respawn time, my aim would be very steady.

PR has suppression blur when rounds hit next to you and extended spawn times. Perhaps one day technology will allow electrodes to deliver a shock or cause a pain sensation when you die and generate genuine fear. I'm sure someone has suggested this, but perhaps a certain percentage of time increased suppression blur could happen with near misses over your head or to the side to simulate the stress of being a target.
Gangrene is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 13:33   #27
UKARMYCADET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrene
I think lack of suppression and fear in any game is part of the accuracy issue. In real life, I'd be a bit nervous taking aim on advancing enemy. If the enemy was firing on me, I would fear for my life and my accuracy would suffer. I think if the only thing I had to fear in real life were a short respawn time, my aim would be very steady.
Modern solders are brainwashed whilst being training. Fear is out of the question it doesn't work like that.

They fire thousands and thousands of rounds in various training simulations. They only get scared if they start to loose.

UKARMYCADET

P.s keep the scopes. IRL we have them for a reason. If they didn't work squad wise we wouldn't use them.
UKARMYCADET is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 13:34   #28
KP
Retired Moderator

I see the points here. Either way, there is something unrealistic. My suggestions are:

- Decrease accuracy big time when moving. This can be done; look at the crosshairs in vBF2; they move out from the center of the screen when moving.

- Decrease accuracy quite a bit when standing up. Pretty sure this can be done.

- Decrease accuracy a bit less than when standing up when crouched.

- Keep prone accuracy at the current level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKARMYCADET
Modern solders are brainwashed whilst being training. Fear is out of the question it doesn't work like that.

They fire thousands and thousands of rounds in various training simulations. They only get scared if they start to loose.
I have a hard time believing that. If rounds start going your way, if you have 7.62 rounds smacking into the door of the car you're in or the wall you're hiding behind, you're bound to get scared, no matter how hard you've been practicing in the training simulators. It's simple human nature.
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 14:10   #29
Gangrene

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKARMYCADET

UKARMYCADET
Highly trained and motivated soldiers are calmer and less likely to panic. Even with training, if a PK is spraying rounds a foot over your head, you wouldn't take the chance to look up and take a shot at the enemy. If I do that in PR, I might get hit and our squads medic will crawl up and fix me or I'll have to wait for respawn. In real life, your family gets bad news and your squad mates are a man down.
Gangrene is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-15, 15:23   #30
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KP
I see the points here. Either way, there is something unrealistic. My suggestions are:

- Decrease accuracy big time when moving. This can be done; look at the crosshairs in vBF2; they move out from the center of the screen when moving.

- Decrease accuracy quite a bit when standing up. Pretty sure this can be done.

- Decrease accuracy a bit less than when standing up when crouched.

- Keep prone accuracy at the current level.
Well, basically, that what we have now..maybe a lil boost here and there..

Difference between 0.5 and 0.6 is, that everyone uses the semi auto. In 0.5, everyone used auto/burst, so that might give the impression, that there was more fire fights, but thats because everyone kept shooting like crazy.
I like the deviation on M16 bursts, in 0.5 it was horrible, because you could control them with some practise.
I even managed to send a burst shot in a line..sort of like 3-in-1 bullet

Tags
accuracy, lower