project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Infantry Tactics
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2007-07-27, 17:47   #21
NaZar3TH

only things the Spec ops are good for are CQB and destroying assests or bridges. the reflex sight give a good field of view for close quarters and the high rof of the gun is deadly at close ranges.

personally ive always liked rifles more than carbines, the carbines jus dont have the stopping power.

so yeah, spec ops is basically useless for anything else than close city combat.
NaZar3TH is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:26   #22
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaZar3TH
only things the Spec ops are good for are CQB and destroying assests or bridges. the reflex sight give a good field of view for close quarters and the high rof of the gun is deadly at close ranges.

personally ive always liked rifles more than carbines, the carbines jus dont have the stopping power.

so yeah, spec ops is basically useless for anything else than close city combat.
Unless your fighting MEC, who have a fully auto weapon with iron sights(that allow an alright field of view anyway), that is 7.62(1 hit kill to SF, no armour).

...Or the PLA, since their assault rifle is only 5.56, but makes up for it with higher RoF, larger Mag size and less recoil.

or INS or Militia for that matter, since both use AK-47, which are 7.62(1hit kill to SF), larger clip than G3, and the similar recoil.

Well, that just about sums up your chances as an SF in PR. You Die, like the rest.

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-27, 18:34   #23
GeZe
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude

...Or the PLA, since their assault rifle is only 5.56, but makes up for it with higher RoF, larger Mag size and less recoil.
It's actually 5.8mm, so it has slightly higher damage ingame. So even more spec-ops killing power!

GeZe is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 02:23   #24
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

my thoughts on specops:

Please do not play as special operations unless you know what you are doing.

90% of the time, your team needs more infantry squads containing Medics and Riflemen, and less pointless spec-ops players. Please join an infantry squad and help them out.

In the future I will write a special section for Special Operations and their uses. Unforunately until the playerbase matures, we need more infantry and specops are just used by new players who dont know whats going on.
fuzzhead is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-28, 02:26   #25
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]fuzzhead
my thoughts on specops:

Please do not play as special operations unless you know what you are doing.

90% of the time, your team needs more infantry squads containing Medics and Riflemen, and less pointless spec-ops players. Please join an infantry squad and help them out.

In the future I will write a special section for Special Operations and their uses. Unforunately until the playerbase matures, we need more infantry and specops are just used by new players who dont know whats going on.
Preach! Preach!
He tells it like it is!

...mongol...

Old 2007-08-05, 12:51   #26
[SoH]Agent_KJ

i dont like spec ops, too cause they cant help other ones (repair, fierst aid, ammo)

they got the equipment 4 a lone wolf but they can help with their weapons...thats it

Most the time im a riffleman or medic

Question: can i heal myself when i have no more field dressings and no medics in my squad?
[SoH]Agent_KJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-05, 13:01   #27
Dunehunter
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Like I said before, I do use the Spec Ops kit sometimes, in CQB. Their SLAMs can also be really useful in such an enviroment, for taking out hostile trucks, apcs, etc.
Dunehunter is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 00:02   #28
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunehunter View Post
Like I said before, I do use the Spec Ops kit sometimes, in CQB. Their SLAMs can also be really useful in such an enviroment, for taking out hostile trucks, apcs, etc.
So is an engineer, who can lay mine fields and repair viechles and assets. Plus, he can engage enemy, effectively, up to 3x more than the spec ops.

...mongol...

Old 2007-08-06, 01:38   #29
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

And SF is the launch kit for requesting limited kits. So whenever you may see an USMC Marksman or Sniper, you could have body armor, but he wont

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-06, 07:17   #30
Bowskill

SF is good inside the Kashan bunkers. Drop in through the bathroom, kill whoever is watching the corridor and then drop a slam in the bathroom (for the guy they send in to kill you). Hide in the other room, then drop another in the corridor for the next guy sent out to get you and finally move into the control room to finish off the last of the squad.
Bowskill is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
guide, ops, spec