project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Commander Tactics
23 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-08-19, 12:11   #21
cyberzomby
Default Re: Basic Commanding Tips

Bump:

Ok, a few days ago I volunteered to go commander so I placed the CP and hunkered down in main. Than I ordered some squads to build the firebases. They did, but after a while they got blown up. When I tried ordering the squads to build them again they responded: Bring a truck here and place it youreself. When were close to you we can help you build. And one guy even said: Your not a secretary! Come watch the frontlines.

In the current PR version, is the CO required to move about in his trucks or sit at main handling communications? Because when Im driving around I havent got the time to plan out the squad actions, when im planning at main, I cant drive the trucks. I cant really "feel" what the general feeling is about this subject because I see both happening.

Some CO's head out there, building, getting killed and others stay at main handling communications. What do you think?
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 12:21   #22
Arnoldio
Banned

Stay at base, if really needed, lets say nobody is at main and they need truck badly, then go to them.

Staying at base is even done in vanilla!

Devs should force to sit in the CP or in the bunker to see the CO screen, as seen in FH2
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 12:41   #23
Tartantyco

-I usually hang out on the frontline, or I'm moving around picking up abandoned vehicles or stuff like that. It's called multi-tasking. Also, some people are just really, really, really dumb and you have to do things yourself sometimes in order to get them done. You gain a significant advantage by seeing things with your own eyes instead of just lying around several km away from the action staring at your CAPS LOCK screen.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 12:45   #24
cyberzomby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChizNizzle View Post
Staying at base is even done in vanilla!
I know thats why I thought I was doing the right thing when I was commanding

@Tartantyco

But when your driving around you cant see whats happening. And what if a squad suddenly needs your attention. You stop the truck, open the CO screen and be a nice juicy target?

Im not ranting you just wondering what you will in these situations.
Old 2008-08-19, 12:50   #25
Tartantyco

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
@Tartantyco

But when your driving around you cant see whats happening. And what if a squad suddenly needs your attention. You stop the truck, open the CO screen and be a nice juicy target?

Im not ranting you just wondering what you will in these situations.
-I don't have to open the CO screen to talk to a squad and I have a transparent minimap for when I'm doing crazy shit. Tricks of the trade, kiddo.
Tartantyco is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-19, 13:32   #26
cyberzomby

Well when your pressing V all the squads will here you and that to me isnt really usefull commanding. When Im squadleader and I got a commander whos using V instead of B I wont hear him when hes talking to me. Because I havent got the concentration to listen to every broadcast hes making

But I understand that your only doing that when your in the truck right? I geuss than its ok to be out there on the front!

Tags
basic, commanding, tips