project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2007
23 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-11, 20:27   #21
Sabre_tooth_tigger

It will have to be sensibly placed then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Yeah, if zero ticket cost, then they should not generate more.
I would like for bunkers to still generate tickets as it makes actually the number of flags relevant to the teams sucess rather then just bleed & KDR.
I dont like seing the team that has lost most of their flags win the game, its just plain wrong to me. If they have destroyed the enemys bunkers then fair enough
Old 2007-12-11, 21:04   #22
Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
The command post is not a spawn point when i last checked...
That's not what I meant. Although his quote talks about the command post, it references vehicle spawns at bunkers. I should have been more clear. Regardless, vehicles spawns at infantry bunkers leads to unnecessary deaths. Can this be altered?
Old 2007-12-11, 21:09   #23
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Ticket revenue is staying as one more thing to promote their use and reward the team that has them.
Old 2007-12-11, 21:34   #24
Swe_Olsson

This is a great feature, would love to see this in a big battle to see how things works out
Old 2007-12-11, 21:44   #25
Delta*RandyShugart*

Its great to be apart of this community, i might have missed something while reading over the posts, but will the commander be able to deploy more than one support truck like in the current version or if one is destroyed will it keep spawning at the CP?
Old 2007-12-11, 21:54   #26
fuzzhead
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

the problem wolfe with spawnpoints of vehicle is that, you can be reasonably sure that where the entrane of the bunker is, its not next to building etc....

if vehicle spawnpoint was moved, then vehicles are much more likely to be spawned INSIDE a static, which is very glitchy and exploitable

the vehicle depot idea is cool and obviously we have thought about it... but it would add alot more devlopment and testing time to the build so we prolly not think about it for this release but maybe next one
Old 2007-12-11, 22:56   #27
Antonious_Bloc

What are the limits on building AA and sandbags, ect?

I can see a squad going crazy and using up all the available assets. Or will there only be a set number allowed around each bunker?

Just curious.
Old 2007-12-11, 23:12   #28
blud

I think it would be awesome if vehicle spawn points had an outline of the vehicle on them - just on the ground. Not a hard dark shadow that the vehicle would actually make, but just like a hint of the vehicle footprint, so you would know that a vehicle spawns there. It could be red and flashing, or, to make it not pull you far out of the realism, you could just make it like a faint shadow.

That way I wouldn't build a command post where a jeep spawns, and then when the jeep spawns my command post explodes! lol. And people would know not to stand there so they don't get killed.

This would be something that only your team would see - the enemy would not see it.
Old 2007-12-11, 23:22   #29
Tweaky

One suggestion I might have is that you change the way vehicles spawn at bunkers.
It would be nice if the vehicles spawned at the FLAG and not the Bunker itself.

I say this because usually a commander will want to hide the bunker from view, but then a car will spawn and give it away. Firebases I guess are OK, because you'd need a car if it is placed far away from an area (though, spawning cars give the firebases away even MORE). But in some cases, can't you just put the spawning cars at the flag the bunker is nearest to?

I like the ideas you've posted in here, but also glad the commander can still deploy himself to keep squads focused on an attacking/defending mode instead of building mode.

The only thing I am worried about is the support trucks spawning at the command post. Support trucks are what often win a game for a team, because they are forward spawnpoints and the commander could deploy them at leisure, which was nice. Now you kind of put the trucks in the hands of other squads, which has always been a problem because they will think they are available to freely use... when the commander keeps shouting at whoever is driving it to STOP driving it. Typically messes up the commander's build strategy... and even attack strategy.

No matter what, I will still take the role of being a construction worker whenever I command, because that will be the only way to win. Having squads deploy the assets themselves won't help much because the focus on the fighting/defending is lessened... though in rare occasions that the commander is not present at a CP & truck, I suppose it will be helpful. It still would be nice to zoom in even closer on the minimap to accurately place a marker where a squad should build an asset (to prevent from oddly placed and unsafe locations they might try to build).

@Bludshot... the vehicle always spawns where you are standing at the moment of deployment roughly (a little behind). Basically the direction you are pointing at will be where people spawn... plus it will be the FRONT of the bunker/firebase where the car also spawns.
Old 2007-12-12, 00:28   #30
dbzao
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

@Antonious: there are limits for the other assets, of course. You can only place one AA for each bunker/firebase and only 5 sandbags/razorwire around a bunker/firebase.

@Tweaky: trucks wont have spawn points anymore, and will be in abundance. Not a big deal to have more transport that is slower and unarmed.

About making it more precise where to build something, the commander only gives an order and the SL has the freedom to place in a 100m area of that marker. So yeah, we are trusting the SLs judgment on that matter. You as a commander should do the same and learn who are the good SLs that have some knowledge on how to do it right.

The jeep spawn was moved a little more away from the bunker/firebase to avoid the issue of spawning inside the jeep. About getting squished, it doesn't happen that often and if it does, well, we are going to have to live with that.
Closed Thread

Tags
assets, commander, gameplay