project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-06-09, 16:04   #21
Edward
Default Re: Fuzzhead's Squad Leading Tips for Project Reality v0.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fact(n) View Post
Hi Edward,

You were 100% right. Thank you.
Now I have to figure out how I did not spot it by myself as it was pretty obvious.
Ever heard the phrase 'Hidden in the big print'? It gets me lots.
Edward is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 13:31   #22
wookimonsta
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skodz View Post
Preferably, SL should not be the first one in the formation since the first one is the most likely to be shot first. But in a Pub squad its very hard not to be leading the way.
Split your squad in two and make one person in front a sort of "sub SL". that way you can give orders from the back and the two people between you and the sub SL follow him, then you can just tell him where to go. If you pick a smart person this usually works pretty well. Also allows you and two others to flank the enemy while the three in front of you keep the enemy engaged.
wookimonsta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-10, 14:10   #23
Edward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookimonsta View Post
Split your squad in two and make one person in front a sort of "sub SL". that way you can give orders from the back and the two people between you and the sub SL follow him, then you can just tell him where to go. If you pick a smart person this usually works pretty well. Also allows you and two others to flank the enemy while the three in front of you keep the enemy engaged.
I've been reading Dslyecxi's guide, which is painfully difficult to implement when pubbing. Your advice on running a squad, picking a pseudo-XO to implement things, is good, since usually it's a bit of chaos in the pub servers.
Edward is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzzhead, leading, project, reality, squad, tips, v08