project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

View Poll Results: Do you enjoy a game more with a commander?
Yes, makes the game more intense! 603 86.02%
No, I hate being told what I should do 28 3.99%
Dont care, either way I just want to shoot the enemy! 70 9.99%
Voters: 701. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-09, 06:44   #21
Dimitrov**OF**

Default Re: Do you enjoy a game more with a commander ?

I have a stupid question.
HOw to speak to individual squad as comander?
Old 2008-09-09, 06:47   #22
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitrov**OF** View Post
HOw to speak to individual squad as comander?
You select the squad in your commander screen, then you push and holb "B" to talk, you can also select multiple squads by holding ctrl etc.

Old 2008-09-09, 06:52   #23
Scot
Supporting Member

CO = Epic win.

Old 2008-09-09, 07:00   #24
Dimitrov**OF**

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
You select the squad in your commander screen, then you push and holb "B" to talk, you can also select multiple squads by holding ctrl etc.
Thank you Rhino, for a moment i felt stupid not to know something for a game i played for so long.
Old 2008-09-09, 08:05   #25
davetboy_19
Supporting Member

Having a full chain of Command from a Good SL who is being directed by an even better Commander makes every round like it was built with certified Win.

Mad-Mike - Good photo's but why do u have 2 threads that are the same?
[R-CON]ReadMenace - Are you referring to the obvious double-post or the less obvious, high-resolution military photographs thread?
Old 2008-09-09, 11:55   #26
Cassius
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davetboy_19 View Post
Having a full chain of Command from a Good SL who is being directed by an even better Commander makes every round like it was built with certified Win.
Exactly that is my experience too, especially on AAS and iam not a super leet commander who has a big plan. All I do is forward sightings handle requests, occasionally divert squads to reinforce a lonely squad on defense or start an attack and make sure important avaiable assets are used such as the tow humvee or tanks.

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Old 2008-09-09, 14:51   #27
Zekeadalic

If the full chain works from squadmember to commander its an experience I like. But if there are ppl that dont act like the higher position says, the game's gonna break.
Old 2008-09-09, 16:40   #28
sav112

But going command is all well and great when it all works but even then it’s a bit boring as you don’t get to do much apart from barff out orders or as I like to think give out info and try to get a team spirit up.

Giving us toys like smoke, ordering spawn hardware, a command Tent even that we can move...I Know it’s a full time job but who does not want to get into the game for 2 hours.........and stuck in a box on a ship.....

We need to add value to the Commanders existence as I try my best but don’t want to go Commander every round as no one wants to go that as basically unless your in a Clan game you feel worthless.

Add value and respect………
Old 2008-09-09, 17:36   #29
EOD_Security-2252

Games with commanders are much better because then players can actually build FOBs and Hideouts. I personally hate being a cmdr, but I'll do it just so that the gameplay is better for others.
Old 2008-09-09, 21:46   #30
AREM117

The CO is really unnecisary now. And really slows down the game because of logistics. The only reason that the CO is needed is for spotting. All in all its not really worth it to be commander. Though I beleive that a co should be made a required position for victory. COs increase teamwork and coordination.

A few sugestions to bring them back would be:
1. A UAV that gives the commander a view on the field like the zoom but with fog of war so he can see how the fight is going but not spy on the enemy.
2. Multiple strikes with shorter time such like having motors(15min) arty(30min) and JDAM(1hr) in one map or maybe player targeted like in Forgotten Hope.
3. Mobile command vehicle able to drop a team rally point.
4. A field helipad for spawning 1 transport heli.
5. An ammo dump for supplying vehicles and infantry.
6. A field medical station.
7. Radar for spotting aircraft. Like the scan but it only can see planes and helis.
8. AC-130 Support with satellite view(either manual or targeted) - 25mm(manual), 40 mm(targeted), and 105 mm(targeted) strike.
Some of these may be a bit overboard but they all are used in the real battlefield.

Tags
commander, enjoy, game